Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been hearing this small rubbing noise when i first pull out of my drive way, i usually only hear it once though. like i have my car in the garage so everytime i pull out i hear this noise that sounds like rubbing.

you can hear it in this video that was originally for my retro.. it sounds at about 9 to 10 seconds. its a very small slight sound but im just wondering if its something i should look into before something gets bad. (the first rubbing sound when the car FIRST moves is from the brakes, so im not talking about that. the sound im talking about is at 9-10 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-WdUb8jEI

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
The only "rubbing" sound I could make out was a kind of squeaky clicking kind of sound... I assumed that was your steering for the most part.. It seemed to me like the sound didn't happen until you moved the steering wheel in order to stay straight down the drive way... Something that slight I wouldn't worry about.. It could be something as simple as the car isn't warmed up yet. My car is PHENOMENALLY more quiet once it's warmed up. It's makes all kinds of noises on a cold engine.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm that could be the reason why it only happens in the driveway.. thanks!

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
I mean don't quote me on that... It's just a possibility. I know that when my car is still cold, It sounds like the serpentine belt is loose, but after about 5 or so minutes, that sound disappears. So I'm just assuming.

If you are looking for something to inspect, I would have the steering system inspected. You might need some new power steering fluid. I know that on 7th gen's if they have a low PS Fluid level, the steering creaks. So that could be your culprit as well. However if that WAS the case, it would happen all the time... Not just coming down the driveway... If that's the only time you hear it, it's more than likely just a steering squeak while the fluid heats up with the engine.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm thanks, ill keep that in mind. i also get this "knocking" noise when the ac/heat is on when i accelerate.. not sure if its normal.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
hmm thanks, ill keep that in mind. i also get this "knocking" noise when the ac/heat is on when i accelerate.. not sure if its normal.
When the AC compressor clutch engages, there is always a single "thud" each time. Shouldn't be any "knocking" with heat alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts