Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you running catless? You should be able to see the gasket from the top if you remove the heatshield.

Yeah catless downpipe. I'll check later today I haven't had my car for the past week. I'll take a picture and post it here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah catless downpipe. I'll check later today I haven't had my car for the past week. I'll take a picture and post it here

So I finally got around to checking for the upper gasket. Looks like it's there.

·
2020 best year
4,116 Posts
I mean it depends on the kind of high flow cat. Some really really good ones like the ones from HJS in Germany can supposedly have almost no loss, but I doubt anyone's willing to pay for that.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Honda Parts Manager
63 Posts
I live in Kentucky, so we don't have any vehicle inspections or testing done. But I still prefer to keep my vehicles road legal. Still on the fence about this modification, though.

·
2020 best year
4,116 Posts
Depending on the State law, anything that's not OEM or have an EPA/CARB(for folks in Cali) stamp on it is not road legal.

I personally have a cat because exhaust smells terrible and it's also terrible for your health.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone paired a cat-less version with Hondata stage 2 tune? If so, how are the results?

I have it but didn't really notice too much of a difference. Hondatas tune is done with oem down pipe so to really get the most of it you'd have to get a custom tune

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone paired a cat-less version with Hondata stage 2 tune? If so, how are the results?

There's a kid that has the Prl downpipe with a couple other mods and apparently he dynod and custom tuned his car. He has somewhere in the range of 330whp and 400wheel torque. He has a manual trans

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to all this. I have a stage 2 hondata tune on my Accord, and had a few questions if anyone is willing to help me.

I was interested in the catted version of this downpipe.

1. What kind of gains should I expect? I know it's usually a little less than the catless.
2. Did anyone get a CEL after installing one of these on their 18 Accord? If so, is there a way to turn it off via an updated hondata flash tune?
3. Could this affect the warranty in anyway? The dealership would have to prove this part is what might be causing an issue right?
4. In terms of installation, how difficult would you say this is for a person who's never installed a downpipe before?
5. From what I understand, the stage 2 hondata tune is accounting for stock downpipe. How would I adjust the tune to account for this new downpipe?

Again, sorry for the noob questions. Just trying to learn :)

61 - 75 of 75 Posts