Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the downpipe from RV6 last week and just installed it this weekend. I wanted to make a DIY video but i was under a tight time constraint so I made this instead.

1. Raise the vehicle on a lift / jack stands. Get it high enough to get access to under the vehicle.
2. Remove the secondary HO2S (After the pre-cat).
3. Remove the two flex bolts attached to the bottom of the pre cat and top of the A pipe.
4. Remove the WU-TWC bracket that supports the converter; there is one bolt attached to the converter, and another attached to the body of the vehicle.
5. Lower the vehicle.
6. Remove the strut brace so you can get access to the top of the stock down pipe and heat shield (6 bolts, 3 on each side).
7. Remove the Air/Fuel sensor found before the converter.
8. Remove the upper converter heat shield (3 bolts in total).
9. Remove the 4 bolts holding the converter onto the exhaust manifold.
10. Raise the vehicle.
11. Remove the converter and the gaskets (1 on top converter, 1 on bottom converter.
12. Install the RV6 downpipe with the provided new Honda gasket.
13. Tighten the nuts/bolts on the top of the downpipe to 23 ft-lbs.
14. Install the new copper gasket provided with RV6 kit, to the exhaust system
15. Install the Air/Fuel sensor (33 ft-lbs) and the Oxygen sensor (33 ft-lbs) into the downpipe.
16. Lower the vehicle.
17. Resinstall the strut brace (16 ft-lbs).
18. Have fun with the new downpipe :)

** The RV6 downpipe will illuminate the CEL, however the RV6 test pipe will NOT illuminate the CEL

I have both downpipe and test pipe from RV6 and will upload a vid sometime soon :wave:

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
To get rid of the CEL I had to screw the O2 sensor spacer thing as far as it would go down.

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were able to eliminate the CEL? :O i did tighten it to the factory torque spec and it seemed like it was on there pretty good. I didn't want to overtighten it because i would have hated to ruin the downpipe even before it was on my car.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
From what I remember of the installation, there's a big brass looking nut on the downpipe itself that I used an adjustable wrench to tighten down as far as it would go (only 1-2 threads visible?). Then I installed the O2 sensor to spec.

And I also tweaked the angle of the L pipe too which seemed to help.

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So weird thing..? I installed the pipe on saturday and on sunday the CEL turned on. For sunday, monday, and my ride yesterday morning, the CEL was on, and i just noticed on my way home, that it was off? :) lets see if she stays off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts