Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Snicker Dog
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has installed an RV 6 J-pipe on their accord registered in New York State I would be interested in knowing whether your car has passed an emissions inspection. Thank you.

·
NJDR
862 Posts
who cares ? if it doesnt you take it off .. go to your inspection then just put it back on ;]

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
Passed!

There is no O2 sensor on the 3rd cat, so this wont flip a code...if there is no check engine light, they dont even bother looking at the bottom of the car. where in NY are you? NYC metro area has different inspections procedure than the upstate NY inspection station.

·
NYC ALIVE
146 Posts
Passed!

There is no O2 sensor on the 3rd cat, so this wont flip a code...if there is no check engine light, they dont even bother looking at the bottom of the car. where in NY are you? NYC metro area has different inspections procedure than the upstate NY inspection station.
dose your car run right with out the o2 sensor?

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts
dose your car run right with out the o2 sensor?
you read what he wrote wrong. He said the third cat has no o2 sensor, therefore when he removed the third cat he didn't remove any sensors. His car still has 02 sensors.

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
you read what he wrote wrong. He said the third cat has no o2 sensor, therefore when he removed the third cat he didn't remove any sensors. His car still has 02 sensors.
:thmsup:

·
Snicker Dog
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks hondaracer4vtec. I live on LI.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Passed!

Did they do a emission sniff test as first 2 yrs it is just safety test . This yr was my first full emission test on the 08 LX .

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts
who pays for inspection? its free in NJ
different states different rules,

I'm glad my state stopped doing that crap 30 years ago.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
different states different rules,

I'm glad my state stopped doing that crap 30 years ago.
I very much disagree here, every state should do a safety inspection or you find many unsafe vehicles on the roads . This is not a problem most times with newer cars but once a vehicle gets past 3-5 yrs, many owners are unaware of condition there car is in .

emissions exhaust tests is pretty much state by state , mainly the congested ones get the test .

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
emissions exhaust tests is pretty much state by state , mainly the congested ones get the test .
You'll find the states the do no emission testing to be red states...anyone up on politics can draw their own conclusions of which party contains more tree-huggers than the other.

I don't think you can gain residency in Indiana if by chance you own a truck and don't cut that cat's off before applying for resident status :lmao:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts