Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a rv6 j-pipe for my 2010 coupe v6 and was wondering what the difference is between just the regular long tube pipe and one with the PCD combo? im sorry, i honestly dont know much about cars. Also I live in california, so will i have any trouble with passing smog or anything down the line?

·
Banned
546 Posts
If you eliminate ANY of your cats on your car living in California, I'm pretty sure you will fail your emissions testing. I would advise against the PCDs and even the j-pipe if the 8th gen j-pipe is like the 7th gen where it deletes the 3rd cat.

Sorry man

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
In theory you can remove the precat and pass smog. However, I don't know if anyone has tried it yet. I would, but my car doesn't need emissions testing for another 3-4 years.

You can always swap back to the stock exhaust, pass smog, and then swap back. (exhaust bolts are a giant PITA though, because the high heat welds them tight).

·
Banned
546 Posts
what is the difference with just getting the regular j pipe vs the one with the pcd combo?
Umm, one contains only the j-pipe and the "combo" deal contains the j-pipe AND the PCDs for a higher price, but a lower price than buying each separately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts