Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the infamous RV6 PCD/Downpipe on my '13 Sport. I live about 35 minutes away from the RV6 headquarters, so I got a chance to meet Richie when I went to pick up. Very nice guy, has a sick accord himself.

Easy install if you have the right tools and everything. Look for the thread by Richie, he has step by step pictures that show you exactly what to do. If your on the fence about this, I sau just go ahead and slap this downpipe in.

I think we should be rewarding RV6 for their r&d on all of our engines. And of course, we are all hoping the J pipe, mid pipe, and exhaust are released by RV6 asap! :jumping:

Attachments

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
very nice! BTW, I can see oil buildup where your trans meets the engine... your CVT torque converter seal or rear main is leaking. Take it in :)

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very nice! BTW, I can see oil buildup where your trans meets the engine... your CVT torque converter seal or rear main is leaking. Take it in :)
dammit. where exactly do you see that?

I pretty much voided my warranty with this mod

·
'13 Accord Sport
264 Posts
Kais, whats your personal opinion on this MOD? You noticed any gains/differences?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Untitled.png

I presume this is it. Your warranty on this is fine since exhaust has nothing to do with the tranny.

You didn't get too liberal with the penetrating oil did you? It could just be excess that and not an actual leak.

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Umnnn no you didn't.
I meant, I probably voided any warranty relating to downpipe

Kais, whats your personal opinion on this MOD? You noticed any gains/differences?
Keep in mind it's a ~10-15hp gain, so its not entirely obvious. But when you go WOT you'd definitely feel the difference. Plus it's much louder/meaner sounding.

View attachment 190593

I presume this is it. Your warranty on this is fine since exhaust has nothing to do with the tranny.

You didn't get too liberal with the penetrating oil did you? It could just be excess that and not an actual leak.
No I didn't, only sprayed PB blaster on the bolts, no where else. Let me check later today and see if its still there. It was very humid when I took those picture, and right after ~100 mile drive. Damn, a bit worried about this tho :dunno:

·
Vendor
268 Posts
Your warranty is fine your mods are completely unrelated. If you are worried you can convert back to stock before getting it checked out.

To confirm the leak you could use degreaser on that area and see if the oil stain comes back. There is also a inspection cover you can take off and check for oil. It is part 1 on the diagram.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
View attachment 190593

Its a leak, I've seen it over 100x before. When working at the dealer the service manager would tell us not to say anything unless the customer would complain to keep overall warranty expenses down. By Honda's regulations, they want every dealer to stay bellow a certain average amount on dealer warrant repairs. Now you can offset these large costs by having small repairs like wiper inserts and light bulbs, but those are few and far between.

Your mod will not effect the warranty as others have stated. I would be willing to bet its your torque converter seal thats causing the leak, its most likely just "seeping", not a full blown leak...yet. Take it in and they will do one of two things; clean off the oil and put dye in the transmission then tell you to bring it back or just order the seal and replace it. When they replace it you'll get all new CVT fluid too :)

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a leak, I've seen it over 100x before. When working at the dealer the service manager would tell us not to say anything unless the customer would complain to keep overall warranty expenses down. By Honda's regulations, they want every dealer to stay bellow a certain average amount on dealer warrant repairs. Now you can offset these large costs by having small repairs like wiper inserts and light bulbs, but those are few and far between.

Your mod will not effect the warranty as others have stated. I would be willing to bet its your torque converter seal thats causing the leak, its most likely just "seeping", not a full blown leak...yet. Take it in and they will do one of two things; clean off the oil and put dye in the transmission then tell you to bring it back or just order the seal and replace it. When they replace it you'll get all new CVT fluid too :)
Funny thing is I was just at the dealer few days ago getting my valve cover gasket fixed, as it was leaking. And I asked them to check up on everything else, they said everything looked fine.

So I cleaned off the leaking area with some engine degreaser, and it obviously looked clean. Lets see if the stain comes back or not. I appreciate everyone's help on this. :thmsup:

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so I cleaned up with degreaser, and drove about 50 miles so far and I do not see any further evidence of leakage. Will continue to check this out

·
Registered
56 Posts
OP, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of the DP and Intake accelerating with the CVT.:D

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i see black grease on your sport rims!!!
somewhat funny the first time, but now its annoying and borderline stalking

OP, I wouldn't mind seeing a video of the DP and Intake accelerating with the CVT.:D
i'll work on one this week if possible

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
so I cleaned up with degreaser, and drove about 50 miles so far and I do not see any further evidence of leakage. Will continue to check this out
It might be the seal just needed time to settle in.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks for the pics on this. I may be looking to pic one of these up soon but I may wait till my warranty is up. I know it wont hurt it but I dont want to make any problems. Got the car in may and Im already at 15k miles so it wont be long. Plus I like to read all the reviews about it from others first.

One question though.. do you have to have a CAI if you get this? I dont have one now but may be looking to pick one up if it really helps out.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
One question though.. do you have to have a CAI if you get this? I dont have one now but may be looking to pick one up if it really helps out.
No, you do not need a CAI to do this mod, but if you are letting more air out, you should let more air in.

Helps out in what regard? Sound? Horsepower?

Yes to both of those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts