Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 819 Posts

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing the RV6 PCD/Downpipe for the 9th generation Accord I4 Earth Dreams engine. The RV6 PCD/Downpipe replaces the highly restrictive O.E pre-catalytic converter, with a free flowing contoured casting and 2.5” tubing.

When you look at the O.E precat, you can easily tell it was designed to be made cheaply and to be mass produced. The components are stamped and welded with no consideration for turbulence or restrictions. This combined with 2 catalytic converters, causes the engine to be literally choked out of a good amount of power.

This product is still in the testing phases. We have a CVT running problem for about a week now. Next we will test a manual and hopefully get some dynos.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RV6 is now a supporting sponsors of driveaccord.net. Hopefully we can work together and bring some exciting new products to the market.

Update: Its been 3 weeks and our test car is still running problem free!

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
Fantastic job!!!!! I am glad we could partner up and get this going looks great!!!!
As soon as i get mine i will be on the dyno posting up numbers!!! 6SPD

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
That looks veddy nice! I would like to hear it with the factory exhaust.

Drose1 or w/e from my rv6 thread is the r&der he might have a sound clip he has a stock exhaust

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
See if they can mock up a 2nd cat delete (test pipe) as well! For the sport and v6.

·
Always time to play!!
259 Posts
Wow I'm in, what's the cost

·
Registered
44 Posts
Drose1 or w/e from my rv6 thread is the r&der he might have a sound clip he has a stock exhaust
Il try to get a sound clip up soon!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any CEL? Does this require anything to 'trick' the ECU into thinking the cat is still there? Approximate cost? Should the 6 speed be any different? For 'off road use only'? ;)

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
Any CEL? Does this require anything to 'trick' the ECU into thinking the cat is still there? Approximate cost? Should the 6 speed be any different? For 'off road use only'? ;)

No CEL yet, and the ecu will be fine. Dunno cost, 6spd the same, the off road use part........lol.....

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hoping PCD/Downpipe will be tested on the V6 soon!
That is next on our list. I am hoping the same castings can be reused for for the PCDs and HFPCs.

See if they can mock up a 2nd cat delete (test pipe) as well! For the sport and v6.
That shouldn't be hard at all if there is enough interest we will pursue it.

How long before 6 speed 4cyl production?
The 6MT and CVT have the same parts. We are still waiting for some custom flanges to be cut. Once they are ready we will start with a small batch of 10 and see how things go. I am hoping to have everything ready in 7-10 days.

We used angle defouler on the secondary O2 sensor and the car has been running without any issues with CELs. Yes the part is not intended for public roads.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks like a good mod I'd def look into purchasing, I def wanna see some dyno numbers and a sound clip with stock exhaust.

I was looking at the stock sport exhaust and there's a silencer/splitter once the down pipe splits into the mufflers. Any thoughts or suggestions if enlarging the pipes would give a better tone and maybe 1-2 hp/tq?

·
Registered
169 Posts
For anyone who doesn't know - exhaust mods closest to the engine have the biggest potential for power gains. Removing any emissions equipment is technically illegal in most states, so you probably won't be able to find a shop to do this for you. If it's like my previous car you will still pass the tailpipe sniff test as long as the car is warmed up first. You would fail the visual inspection but they almost never look.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
For anyone who doesn't know - exhaust mods closest to the engine have the biggest potential for power gains. Removing any emissions equipment is technically illegal in most states, so you probably won't be able to find a shop to do this for you. If it's like my previous car you will still pass the tailpipe sniff test as long as the car is warmed up first. You would fail the visual inspection but they almost never look.
Remove the heat shield and install it on the new downpipe. He he he.

·
Stock Pssh...Yeah right!
343 Posts
I hate when people start complaining or even bringing up the issue with "smog". WE ALL KNOW ALREADY! What's next...warranty issue? Yes this will void your emission warranty SO WHAT!

Now if it's been three weeks and still no dyno numbers come on OP get to it dammit. I'd also like to see some HFPC soon. also OP thanks for bringing this product to us. Hope to see more RV6 products for us 6MT/Sport(s).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What about global warming? Will this affect my warranty?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks damn good. Save any weight ? I hope they come out with a tuning solution ASAP. I've already emailed speedfactory here in WA just to see If they have heard of any rumors of engine management coming out for the new di k24s and they said nothing yet.

1 - 20 of 819 Posts