Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

761 - 780 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
The noise I was experiencing was heat shield rattle. Some bending and tweaking has somewhat lessened the problem...hopefully get it resolved completely soon.

So the pipe, as i said before, is a fine piece of work. Just wanted to let people know they might experience other issues with the pipe swap.
Hey Davens,

It seems that I'm having the same issue you did, do you know by any chance know which heat shield was giving you the buzzing noise?

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
Hey Davens,

It seems that I'm having the same issue you did, do you know by any chance know which heat shield was giving you the buzzing noise?
Its the second cat. ...

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
Humor me, what about the second cat.
The rasp everyone bitches about is the second cat being amplified. Since the rv6 removes any restrictions before the 2nd cat. If you noticed on the stock setup under acceleration there was a hint of rasp. But anyways just get the Megan test pipe or resonated Testpipe and that will fix 95% of that raspy note :).

·
Registered
158 Posts
The rasp everyone bitches about is the second cat being amplified. Since the rv6 removes any restrictions before the 2nd cat. If you noticed on the stock setup under acceleration there was a hint of rasp. But anyways just get the Megan test pipe or resonated Testpipe and that will fix 95% of that raspy note
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. The metallic buzz does sound like it's coming from under the console (2nd cat). Would a vibrant UQ be an alternative to the test pipe?

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. The metallic buzz does sound like it's coming from under the console (2nd cat). Would a vibrant UQ be an alternative to the test pipe?
Might not be a direct Bolton like the Megan one is but that would def work

·
Registered
158 Posts
Might not be a direct Bolton like the Megan one is but that would def work
Cool, unfortunately for me I have the CVT where the second cat is welded to the jpipe. I'll have to try the resonator, thanks!

·
6MT JUNKIE
754 Posts
Cool, unfortunately for me I have the CVT where the second cat is welded to the jpipe. I'll have to try the resonator, thanks!
Actually that would be perfect to weld a vibrant cat then ;)

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
I got the RV6 Downpipe installed, but everything else is stock. I use the Ktuner tune 2(PCD to intake ,exchaust mod)
I was wondering if that is too much for a stock system with Downpipe, i did install UQ vibrant resonator to get rid of the Rasp noise and it works.
I was wondering if the Takeda Short Ram is a good option over Stock intake which takes is air from the front grill and it seem like the best way to go. For sure the Takeda makes more sound. But it takes hot air in the engine bay. Is that heat sheild really effective or maybe there a way to modify Stock intake and keep the Air coming from the front of the car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Generally the stock ECUs run pretty rich and these downpipes/PCDs will lean thing out a little. On our V6 automatic test car PCDs made the AFR go from 11.3 to 12.1 so a little leaner but still plenty safe. When tuning becomes available we should be able lean things out further for maximum gains.
I wonder why the factory control loops are not able to hit the same AFR targets. Are the direct injectors already exceeding some software or hardware limits? I am also shocked that the naturally aspirated V6 is running so rich at even WOT--11.3 is turbocharged safe territory. Although I admit that I'm no (honda) tuning expert. Anyone have some more light to shed on this? Screwing with AFR and volumetric efficiency can be dangerous dangerous people.

·
Registered
96 Posts
am i the only one who installed this and has the CEL continuously come on /: i've adjusted the defouler 3 times now somebody PLEASE help me should i just not adjust it again and let the CEL go off on it's own? I've seen others saying it will go off after a few days
2015 accord sport i4 cvt
I have a 2015 EX Manual and installed the RV6 3 days ago, two turns out from full in. My CEL came on today on a fairly long drive. Went straight to Autozone and OReilly and they both told me OBDII's readers are not available for rental in CA, that's news to me. I will adjust it half turn in tomorrow hopefully that works out. I hope this is not a 2015 issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 2015 EX Manual and installed the RV6 3 days ago, two turns out from full in. My CEL came on today on a fairly long drive. Went straight to Autozone and OReilly and they both told me OBDII's readers are not available for rental in CA, that's news to me. I will adjust it half turn in tomorrow hopefully that works out. I hope this is not a 2015 issues.
Borrowed my coworkers OBDII reader and got error code P0420 "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold." RV6 instruction says turn defouler two turn out which I did. Now my car is running great with no CEL light for about 4 days now. I'm a happy customer.

·
5 Honda Family
261 Posts
I have a 2016 Accord sport with the CVT and was wondering if there is any drone running the stock exhaust and intake with the RV6.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am curious as well... I also have a 16 Accord Sport non-cvt...

Does the RV4 make the engine sound any more aggressive ? do you notice it? what does it do in terms of performance?

Thinking about a Ktuner as well but I usually see the Ktuner and Rv6 are both being done together...

·
5 Honda Family
261 Posts
I have a catted RV6 DP on my other car so I'm Looking to do the same to my Sport soon.Then a KTuner etune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I install the rv6 down pipe on my sport and I still getting the check engine light, even after I turn the deflore out to turn due to the p0240 code.... And have this problem?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 2016 Accord sport with the CVT and was wondering if there is any drone running the stock exhaust and intake with the RV6.
I have a 2015 EX 6 speed with Takeda intake and there is no drone at all. I only have a single stock exhaust but I dough that makes any difference.

I am curious as well... I also have a 16 Accord Sport non-cvt...

Does the RV4 make the engine sound any more aggressive ? do you notice it? what does it do in terms of performance?

Thinking about a Ktuner as well but I usually see the Ktuner and Rv6 are both being done together...
It's a very mild increase in performance a tune will make it better. To me it's more noticeable on the freeway it pulls harder with little effort passing people, I'm not a racer just trying to get off the freeway. The engine dose sound a bit more aggressive, you will hear a tiny rasp around 4k. Some people don't like it but I love it, it's very mild though and only when you get on the gas.

I install the rv6 down pipe on my sport and I still getting the check engine light, even after I turn the deflore out to turn due to the p0240 code.... And have this problem?
With code p0240 RV6 states to turn the defouler 1 turn in. I would try that.

·
5 Honda Family
261 Posts
Ok thanks.JDracer does your intake require the removal of the stock airbox?And does it use any of the stock intake to pull cold air?And I hope Rich makes a catted version soon.I also already have a KTuner but am waiting for JR to release the 2016 software.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok thanks.JDracer does your intake require the removal of the stock airbox?And does it use any of the stock intake to pull cold air?And I hope Rich makes a catted version soon.I also already have a KTuner but am waiting for JR to release the 2016 software.
Yes stock top box has to be removed. Lower resonator box removal is optional. I removed mine at first and ran it like that for a month. I reinstalled it yesterday to make use of that ram air duct. I'm very skeptical that there is any air moving though this, the Ram part is a very small slit between the the hood and radiator support and it doesn't even get air from that, it gets it from the cavity behind the emblem. I was thinking of placing some ribbon on the rubber collar and my iphone recording then jamming on the freeway to see if there's any air moment. If it doesn't I'm removing the box again.

I think the all stock intake is best, I just added the Takeda for the sound. Also with the RV6 there is a lot of heat since there is no more heat shielding. I've been looking at a Perrin down pipe blanket made for Subaru's and it looks like it will fit just need to add a hole for the 02, but 200 bucks is a lot. I might just header wrap it.
Perrin Performance Downopipe Thermal Blanket SUBARU IMPREZA

761 - 780 of 819 Posts