Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

781 - 800 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts

I think the all stock intake is best, I just added the Takeda for the sound. Also with the RV6 there is a lot of heat since there is no more heat shielding. I've been looking at a Perrin down pipe blanket made for Subaru's and it looks like it will fit just need to add a hole for the 02, but 200 bucks is a lot. I might just header wrap it.
Perrin Performance Downopipe Thermal Blanket SUBARU IMPREZA
Did you get the regular ss one or did you get the coated one? I think the coating does help with the heat, although I like the look of the regular ss better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you get the regular ss one or did you get the coated one? I think the coating does help with the heat, although I like the look of the regular ss better.
Regular SS, I've had ceramic coated headers on my motorcycles and they all eventually flaked off, especially when water hits it when it's hot (Puddles.) I've read that the RV6 ceramic coating is really good though. I wanted to try out header wraps or blankets this time.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Regular SS, I've had ceramic coated headers on my motorcycles and they all eventually flaked off, especially when water hits it when it's hot (Puddles.) I've read that the RV6 ceramic coating is really good though. I wanted to try out header wraps or blankets this time.
Yeah, that has been the same experience I've had with ceramic on my motorcycles and other cars so I'm wary of spending the extra money for nothing. Although, I have heard that the black coating hold up the best.

·
5 Honda Family
261 Posts
What HP gains are you guys seeing on the ED 2.4 with this Downpipe.I gained 24 HP with the RV6 catted DP on my SI with a q300 catback and Vitviper tune.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Around 20 hp / 20 TQ from Rv6 downpipe + tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bolted up a Takeda catback to my 2.4l , very interested in how this downpipe will sound and perform! Does anybody have any dyno numbers?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bolted up a Takeda catback to my 2.4l , very interested in how this downpipe will sound and perform! Does anybody have any dyno numbers?
It'd be great if you can post a sound clip? Always wanted to hear what the Takeda catback sounds like other than a video from Takeda!

17 Posts
I have a few last questions before I buy... Does the RV6 PCD for the I4 make buzzing rasp noises? I've heard it does and I have stock exhaust. And does the PCD cause the check engine light to come on? If so, can I somehow disable it? If anybody has this mod for their I4 can you give me some input. Thanks

·
Cruisin'
407 Posts
I have a few last questions before I buy... Does the RV6 PCD for the I4 make buzzing rasp noises? I've heard it does and I have stock exhaust. And does the PCD cause the check engine light to come on? If so, can I somehow disable it? If anybody has this mod for their I4 can you give me some input. Thanks
There is rasp and park/idle high revs. It has been said that the rasp is because of more exhaust flowing and the 2nd cat causes it. The PCD comes with a defouler. It is an L shaped fitting that you connect to the CAT then screw in the o2 sensor.

The instructions say to snugly tighten the defouler then loosen 2 full rotations while having the defouler flush/pointed towards the front of the vehicle, then tighten the nut and install the o2 sensor.

But I had to tinker with the defouler because the CEL kept coming on. I discovered that my defouler needed 3 full rotations out.

To get rid of the rasp during high revs/ step on it moments: a better resonator. I am getting and having a FlowMaster Hushpower 2 Resonator (12418300) installed on my 2015 EX Sedan tomorrow.

I'll try to do a vid/sound clip soon.

But until then here is what it sounds like (cold start) w/ some revs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwuncydoAYQ
See Sig for minor mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those of you that have done this, what have you seen for an increase in fuel economy? I'm driving a 2016 Accord sedan with the 2.4

Thanks!

·
Lactation Consultant
44 Posts
When I had had it on my 2014 sport, I didn't notice any difference in fuel economy. I had 20" rims on my car and was still getting a little over 400 miles to a tank.

781 - 800 of 819 Posts