Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
There are lots of Dyno's graphs posted around of their performance gains. I can truly say from my sophisticated and well tuned butt dyno that the J-pipe matched with a Takeda SRI will make significant gains. My friends 08 6-6 really loved this pipe. Even the dealer told him it was impressively fast after the bolt on's. Throwing in the highflow precats will just increase those gains. I would assume the highflow pre-cats might give you a chance to pass inspection, but the straight pipes most likely wont. RV-6 already states on their website that these parts are for "off road use only", in case you felt like taking you accord into the woods... Duhhhhh!

My general understanding of the performance;
By eliminating the back pressure closest to the engine and reducing the turbulence in the pipe configuration your allowing your engine to rev up faster with less back pressure as you begin to "floor it". The faster the exhaust can move away from the engine, the faster new air can come into the cylinder. This equates to more lower end power to get you going. Then as the revs build the improvements of the less turbulent intake will start to kick in, allowing air to flow in smoother and faster than stock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the detailed info. Just so I am understanding the install, the first pipe the one for $385 uses the stock cats right?

The second one listed has NO CATS. And the 3rd one used hi-flow cats?

AJ

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
Generally correct.

Side note; The stock J-pipe has a cat on it as well. So just purchasing the first J-pipe will remove one cat, But it will leave you with a cat on each header pipe, a resonator, and the stock muffler

The second option will remove all cats and leave you with a stock resonator and stock mufflers

Third option will give you high flow cats on the headers, no cat on the J-pipe, a stock resonator and stock muffler

If you were not aware, the catalytic converters are like little furnaces. They get extra hot and have a few baffles in them that trap particulars. This helps to burn off any unused oils, gas, and debris so the exhaust coming out is cleaner and more efficiently burnt.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of HP do these add? Also, will using one of these allow me to pass state inspection?
Depending on the dyno and your transmission. Jpipe gains around 10whp and jpipe with PCDs is in the 20whp range. Pretty much all modifications are technically illegal. Most states just do a computer test which you should pass without issue. Cali is the one state that you might have to switch back to stock for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess my question is, here in NJ, they read the OBD2 port and they also look under the car to make sure the cat is there..so can I get on of these jpipe that will keep the cat so I can pass inspection?

AJ

·
Roll Tide!
7,660 Posts
These are for off-road use only, which means they are illegal for street use. Anyone that insists on purchasing this 10 hp upgrade would be wise to save their old pipe and cats to pass inspection in the future. Your state may not have testing or look under the hood of the car as part of their testing today, but they certainly could tomorrow. I'm just sayin'.

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess my question is, here in NJ, they read the OBD2 port and they also look under the car to make sure the cat is there..so can I get on of these jpipe that will keep the cat so I can pass inspection?

AJ
Even if it keeps the cat tampering with anything before the cat is technically illegal. I would just keep your jpipe for swapping back to stock its a 20-30 min job.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wish you did something for the 13 Ody.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Found a pic, my Ody is to new to me and have not had it on my lift to see under neath. But he is a pic I found on the FB page

Don't know how it fits to the stock exhaust

Sorry about the x car post

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found a pic, my Ody is to new to me and have not had it on my lift to see under neath. But he is a pic I found on the FB page

Don't know how it fits to the stock exhaust

Sorry about the x car post
You would have to make a adapter or something along those lines. If you are looking for power HFPCs are a great options as well.

These should bolt right up and give you a good bump in power without any smells or rasp.

**** For 2013 Odyssey****
http://rv6-p.com/accord/8th-gen/v6-j35z2-3/8th-gen-hpfc-229.html

We have a version for the 2013 Accord V6 and it mades some awesome numbers on a stock car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Respect to Richie on the rv6 products!!! My 07' A6-6 sedan will arrive in CA by the end of next week and I'm interested in the rv6 hfpc with j pipe. I'm on the fence about xlr8's jp (no disrespect to Richie) and the rv6 jp. I'd like to know if the rv6 hfpc and xlr8 jpipe bolt up without issue(s)??

·
Vendor
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Respect to Richie on the rv6 products!!! My 07' A6-6 sedan will arrive in CA by the end of next week and I'm interested in the rv6 hfpc with j pipe. I'm on the fence about xlr8's jp (no disrespect to Richie) and the rv6 jp. I'd like to know if the rv6 hfpc and xlr8 jpipe bolt up without issue(s)??
No worries. Our HFPCs will work with any Jpipe without any issues. :thmsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts