Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,710 Posts
Looks like all that recall info specifies 4-cylinder CVT Accords, or did I miss something?

·
Elvira
3,681 Posts
Looks like all that recall info specifies 4-cylinder CVT Accords, or did I miss something?
So far it only SEEMS to call out the CVT model L4. I couldn't find anything specific to the standard 6M or 6A models.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Thanks for all the updates. I don't understand why I got a recall alert from CarFax if I have a V6. This whole notification process has been a disaster. I blame Honda, they control the info and how to distribute it. It's nothing but a guessing game at the dealer and corporate until the actual documents are released and it's ridiculous that the dealer says to call Honda and Honda says to call the dealer, inompetence.

·
Elvira
3,681 Posts
Thanks for all the updates. I don't understand why I got a recall alert from CarFax if I have a V6. This whole notification process has been a disaster. I blame Honda, they control the info and how to distribute it. It's nothing but a guessing game at the dealer and corporate until the actual documents are released and it's ridiculous that the dealer says to call Honda and Honda says to call the dealer, inompetence.
Thanks to all you folks (especially @Dimon aggie ) that were alerted by Carfax and for posting. Otherwise this would only show up in our/your mailbox until FEBRUARY?????

Reactions: longhornaccord

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got the Carfax notification, Honda Canada still states "An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Honda dealer or Honda Canada Customer Relations at 888-9HONDA9 for more information."

I fully expect Nova Scotia to be included given the amount of road salt they use. It wouldn't surprise me if there were more recalls on the Accord's due to rust in the future.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
268 Posts
Reactions: rexgo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Canadian 2014 Accord owner, I actually had the driveshaft fail on me as I attempted to accelerate into an uphill lefthand turn from a stop, the drivers side shaft sheared in half and the vehicle had to be towed.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
268 Posts
Canadian 2014 Accord owner, I actually had the driveshaft fail on me as I attempted to accelerate into an uphill lefthand turn from a stop, the drivers side shaft sheared in half and the vehicle had to be towed.
Ouch! That could be dangerous based on the situation.
4 cylinder?
-Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the driveshaft and cv axle the same thing? (This may be a dumb question :) )

2014 Accord in Illinois here. My driver side driveshaft broke when I was stopping at a red light two days ago. Mechanic checked the passenger side shaft and that one is close to breaking as well. Have to get both replaced

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
2014 Accord in Illinois here. My driver side driveshaft broke when I was stopping at a red light two days ago. Mechanic checked the passenger side shaft and that one is close to breaking as well. Have to get both replaced
save the receipts and submit them for reimbursement once you get the honda notification in Feb 2021

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,710 Posts
@AllForgotten - There is that dreaded rubber balancer on the shaft trapping salt causing corrosion.... I thought they went away from that after the 7th gens were having this issue. My '03 MT does not have them, and neither does my '15 MT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I was under my 2014 hybrid in April, I was surprised how much corrosion is on the suspension, sub frame and unibody. I assume this shows the rubber piece the above post is referring to?

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Just an update:
Spoke to my dealer this morning regarding the recall.
According to the service tech they're going to examine both sides under the boots and see if there is corrosion and if there is at least one side showing that, they replace both sides.

Heading there next Wednesday morning and I'll update this thread.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,710 Posts
I have not received anything, is this only for certain years and trims ?
Look at the pic of the broken shaft - then look at the pic I posted. Notice a difference besides the break??

21 - 40 of 66 Posts