Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am hoping to add another car to the stable in the next several months. The wife would take my Accord sedan. Among others, I was looking at Accord Coupe 6-6, as I really miss driving a manual car.

As noted here many times, 6-6 only comes in black, MSM and red. MSM is out because my sedan is MSM and I don't want the same color for both of our cars. Black is a possibility but I am concerned about keeping it clean and presentable. (Although I had 3 straight black cars over 15 years, and didn't find the cleaning so onerous).

That brings me to red. For some reason, I am reluctant to get that color. For one, people always used to say that red cars attract the police's attention and therefore would get more tickets. For another, some would say that red is for girls/women, not for a stunningly macho, macho man like me. Convince me that it is okay for a guy to get red. :)

P.S. What is the product cycle for Honda nowadays? Used to be 4 years, but it may have gotten extended, just like for many other manufacturers. I am just trying to figure out when the mid-model changes are coming.

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
So, I am hoping to add another car to the stable in the next several months. The wife would take my Accord sedan. Among others, I was looking at Accord Coupe 6-6, as I really miss driving a manual car.

As noted here many times, 6-6 only comes in black, MSM and red. MSM is out because my sedan is MSM and I don't want the same color for both of our cars. Black is a possibility but I am concerned about keeping it clean and presentable. (Although I had 3 straight black cars over 15 years, and didn't find the cleaning so onerous).

That brings me to red. For some reason, I am reluctant to get that color. For one, people always used to say that red cars attract the police's attention and therefore would get more tickets. For another, some would say that red is for girls/women, not for a stunningly macho, macho man like me. Convince me that it is okay for a guy to get red. :)

P.S. What is the product cycle for Honda nowadays? Used to be 4 years, but it may have gotten extended, just like for many other manufacturers. I am just trying to figure out when the mid-model changes are coming.
I have never heard of red being a chick (sorry girl) color; I would love to have a Red accord Sport; I almost bough the Mazda 6 because it came in red.

Go for it, with the red accents inside the car, its a perfect match

Jahre

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I love San Marino Red. That color red is very similar to the color of the Italian Gran Prix racing colors and similar to the team Ferrari red. I have two coupes in the same color because a red coupe just looks sexy both parked or moving. I have never attracted the police in either my 2000 Accord coupe or in my new one. I like to think that it attracts young beautiful woman. But that hasn't happened either.:thumbsdow

My 16 year old son is driving the 2000 Accord so maybe he will have more luck in the young beautiful woman category.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Get the red! When I was in the market for the car, I wanted white. But when I found out the 6MT didn't come in that, it was the red instead. Very happy with the choice. Definitely don't think this is a "chick" car, as my husband loves it and is stoked to drive it.

·
Accordial
36 Posts
Red cars statistically get in more accidents:thmsup:

But seriously, red attracts the eyes attention so it really does cause more accidents and I guess you would be more prone to cops attention as well, I never thought of that.

Personally, I'd say black but that just cause I'm not a huge fan of red. If you like the color though go for it. Definitely not a "chick" color by any means

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love the red as well, but, resale may be a little more difficult since red may have a certain "reputation" attention getting, traffic tickets etc. not sure if the reputation is justified, and I think red is a youthful color as well, is youthful good or bad? The Coupe looks fabulous in red, it really shows the sculpture of the car. But don't listen to me, I plan on getting a white one. I must add that red seems very rare, I have only seen about 3 on dealer lots in the last year, and never have seen one on the road.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Red cars statistically get in more accidents:thmsup:

But seriously, red attracts the eyes attention so it really does cause more accidents and I guess you would be more prone to cops attention as well, I never thought of that.

Personally, I'd say black but that just cause I'm not a huge fan of red. If you like the color though go for it. Definitely not a "chick" color by any means
What statistics are you talking about? And, where did you get them?

All statistics should be taken with a big grain of salt.

FIGURES DON'T LIE, BUT LIERS FIGURE!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like red also, but no Red for us per my lovely wife so bought a MSM V6 EXL today, pick it up Monday night. One issue with red is that it fades the most. Also some reds are richer than others, I prefer the darker reds

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I love the red as well, but, resale may be a little more difficult since red may have a certain "reputation" attention getting, traffic tickets etc. not sure if the reputation is justified, and I think red is a youthful color as well, is youthful good or bad? The Coupe looks fabulous in red, it really shows the sculpture of the car. But don't listen to me, I plan on getting a white one. I must add that red seems very rare, I have only seen about 3 on dealer lots in the last year, and never have seen one on the road.
What a crock of sh.t! I have never been stopped in my 2000 Accord Coupe nor has my 16 year old son since he started driving it in June.

I like red also, but no Red for us per my lovely wife so bought a MSM V6 EXL today, pick it up Monday night. One issue with red is that it fades the most. Also some reds are richer than others, I prefer the darker reds
My 2000 Accord Coupe looks as good today as it did when it was new. I have parked them side by side and the San Marino Red on the old car looks just as good as on the new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts