Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm nearing 2 years of owning my 2013 Accord LX CVT sedan, and I was wondering if any of you guys are satisfied with your car, or wish that you had purchased a different car?

For me, I kinda wish that I went for at least an EX for the sunroof and push button start/smart key.

The Honda logo on my key looks to be wearing off really easily and looks older than the key for our Honda Fit now...

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
I only miss having a sunroof when im driving with my g/f. Oh don't open the windows lol.....
Its so hot in the car sometimes.. and can;t open all the windows because she doesn't like to much wind omg.... that kills me. i dont like using a/c since its take down performance ;)

smart entry and push button is useless to me and i don't think a push button is good.
What happens when the push button doesn't work anymore?
glad i have a key.

I love my honda accord sport 2014(Canadian)6mt.
i came from an Acura 1.7el 2003 5mt.
What a change !!!
love the accord.
PCD downpipe, Ktuner, 2 Resonator to kill rasp..
Ijdmtoy strip lights is amazing at night.
Subwoofer + rear speaker upgrade , 2 amp.
Next mod is E-tuning with Vittuning

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
smart entry and push button is useless to me and i don't think a push button is good.
What happens when the push button doesn't work anymore?
glad i have a key.
Have you actually ever used the smart entry? I honestly will never go back to remote entry again. There is still a physical key to stick in the door. The button going bad would be the same problem if you had a bad ignition switch. Either one and you're still not going anywhere.

I'm ok with my choice. (EX, manual transmission). Though my friends cars as of late really make me second guess not buying something with a proper RWD layout.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I kinda wish I went with a lower trim package and did more aftermarket stuff with the stereo/tech etc. Don't know how much I woulda saved in the long run, but im confident I would be happier with the tech. Other then missing out on the smart key

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I only miss having a sunroof when im driving with my g/f. Oh don't open the windows lol.....
Its so hot in the car sometimes.. and can;t open all the windows because she doesn't like to much wind omg.... that kills me.
lol I feel your pain brother. When i drive alone all windows down and moonroof open... wife is in the car it's AC or moonroof opened a crack.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
As much as I love my Coupe, I have decided that my next car will NOT be a two-door. I'm getting tired of the lack of utility and starting to wish I'd have bought a sedan instead. My road bike barely fits and I don't want to destroy the looks of the rear of the car with a hitch for a bike mount. I really don't see me trading cars anytime soon, but if the 2016 sedan has something that woos me, I might be tempted to make the jump, maybe even go for the V6. Other than that, really enjoying the i4/CVT EX-L coupe.

·
Registered
652 Posts
lol I feel your pain brother. When i drive alone all windows down and moonroof open... wife is in the car it's AC or moonroof opened a crack.
I was going to swap wives with you because my wife likes all window's down and moonroof open. I can't stand any sound of air coming into the cabin. It's either vent, heat or a/c on for me there's no negotiating lol. Since your wife is ok with moonroof cracked im afraid that's not acceptable for me so no swapping :D

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my choice (V6 6MT), my only complaints are that I wish the car felt as lively as my old Civic Si when putting around town. Above 7/10th the car comes alive, but it feels very subdued otherwise (and even though it's faster in a straight line, it does *feel* slower).

I'm pretty sure I know why, and all of the following reasons make the car much more livable on a daily basis, but a little bit of me does miss the ridiculous, barely-a-street-car feel of my old Civic.

-Longer gears
-More torque, no need to rev it out
-Several orders of magnitude quieter
-More compliant suspension
-Heavier flywheel, heavier driveline feel (I can shift at a more relaxed pace).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm satisfied with mine, not thrilled or excited by it but satisfied. It's not the power or anything like that but I kind of wish I would have forked out the cash for more of a luxury car.

My Accord "looks" nice inside but really the materials are pretty cheesy compared to something like a Lexus.....but next time I'll step up.

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
i would be more than happy with my car if i didnt get rear ended by a drunk driver and the shop holding me hostage

working with the insurance adjuster to keep the damages under a certain amount .... made me really dissapointed in my car

it wasnt even 4 monthes old

got the car back the tail lights arent lined up.... where the back bumper touches the frame and taillights seem like that they tried to jam it on there so the corners are chipped....
antenna messed up
oil life indicator was reset without the oil being changed
replaced the bumper and taillights with non oem parts
car was over a week late ... i had no rental because it passed my 30 days and i got so much run around from the shop i dont want to even bother with them .... it just makes my blood boil when i think about it.....

lol i know this is not a thread about my dissapoints in my accident but idk

other than that i love my accord but been very discourage in wanting to keep/ mod the car...
day by day its get better and im leaning on buying tien suspension and the works.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am real happy with my 2013 EX with I4 and CVT. So far no problems and no surprises. Except for regular service and a new front tire haven't had to spend any money on it I didn't want to. The dealer replaced the cut tire under warranty. I was happy about that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is my First Honda. We bought a 2014 EX-L and we couldn't be happier with it.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
Not a 9th gen but for the money, I'm happy with my 8th. I can't think of anything else in the price range that I would have been thrilled with.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Windows down causes hearing loss if you do it long enough. Same thing with riding a motorcycle no earplugs.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm most definitely not satisfied with this POS. The paint sucks, the radio sucks, the features on this car are half ass implemented and it's quite clear Honda doesn't build cars like it used to.

This will be my last Honda.

·
Registered
125 Posts
perfectly happy with my 2014 Sport 6 MT, no problems so far, own only Accords since 79

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must say that the radio does suck, and the paint does chip/scratch easily. Also, there are some small chips on the windshield as well. :/

By the way, does anyone have rattle sound coming from the back where the center brakelight and the panel with the speakers meet?

·
Corvalis TTX
5,580 Posts
Reasonably happy with my 9th gen Touring sedan. It's reasonably good value for the money but it does have its shortcomings. The audio system is horrible, front passenger seat uncomfortable, and it's now had two trips to the dealer for warranty work.

It does what it is designed to do well - hauls the family. It is after all just a run of the mill family sedan.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts