Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out the Saturn Vue from like 04-07 has a j35 with like 250hp/260ftlb.

I can get one of these with a dead trans for like $300.

The idea of going from a 4cyl to a v6 and having the 2.4 as a crate backup for so cheap is quite tempting.

Anyone want to weigh in and tell me it will never work before I start going nuts?

Product Handwriting Post-it note Gesture Tie

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

· Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
818 Posts
Let's see, you'll need to get an entire donor ECU/harness from a 7th gen V6, I think it uses a different bellhousing so the transmission won't fit, the V6 uses a different transmission than the I4 anyway so you'll need to get a donor transmission from a 7th gen V6, why not just get an engine from a 7th gen V6, if you want the power get the engine from a 3rd geb TL it makes like 270 HP, just buy a 7th gen V6 they're cheap.

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,197 Posts
The J35S1 is very similar to the J35A5 which is from the MDX.

Reactions: Ignignot

· Gravel Driveways suck...get a shop
04 coupe w/06-07 rear end-19” TSW Sochi- Nighthawk Black, 2016 F-150 Sport 5.0 4x4 Blue Flame
130 Posts
GM guy here, see if theres any differences in the BCM wiring, pinout, communications and so on, as GM generally uses separate computers for the power train and body, but Im not 100% sure on the vue, as they're oddballs. There is very little aftermarket for the "Theta" platform (equinox, torrent, terrain 1st gen, vue, captiva, etc). There might be some suspension stuff for the vue, but I havent looked into it. If youre looking for self restraint on not modding a daily, the equinox is a great choice lmao. I had an 08 equinox 3.4 and while the body stuff, generally speaking, was great and somewhat easy to work on, I had constant drivetrain related issues. Driveshaft went, transfer case went, wheel bearings went, fuel filler neck rotted out, heater core went, just a lot of BS. I drove it till 300K kms and sold it for $500 to a mechanic buddy and as far as I know, it's still driving to this day.

Keep in mind though, that the powertrain would be great, but everything else is GM junk. Im in the middle of doing a rear wheel bearing on my moms 07 torrent and it is a living hell. That being said, parts would be plentiful.

I saw a guy who swapped his montana SV6 with an LS4 out of an imapala SS. His main issue was the SRS system wouldn't communicate right, since he was running two BCMS. One for the imapala stuff (cluster, ABS, etc), and another one for the montana stuff (HVAC, lighting etc). Who knows you might be lucky and might have to swap just the cradle then the engine and wiring, but I doubt it. The fuel system would probably need to be swapped over and maybe other little things like front hubs etc.

I highly recommend you join www.terrainforum.net and pose some questions there, Im on it and its a great community and they probably would have more answers for the swap and would know the differences.

04 coupe w/06-07 rear end-19” TSW Sochi- Nighthawk Black, 2016 F-150 Sport 5.0 4x4 Blue Flame
130 Posts
Also, dont forget, they came in manual.

Also also, dont forget, the GM 3.8 Supercharger contraption that can be installed. Search youtube for it, you wont regret it at all.

130 Posts
Whoops. Totally read it wrong. Thought he wanted to build a v6 Vue. The 2.4 is what got me because I think they came w/ either a 2.2 or 2.4 or the j35.

last time I reply to the forum whilst not sober 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts