Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,744 Posts
I subscribed to this guy's channel and watched his videos with a smirk and raised eyebrow until I saw this video at which point I realized he's full of crap and unsubscribed.

·
Registered
2021 ACCORD SPORT 2.0
56 Posts
Cuss him or love him. It is that what he says is true based on the complaints listed on the site “carcomplaints.com”. 2018 Accord 1.5t is listed with the issue he is reporting on.
I thanked scotty for coming out with the facts finally! My 2019 accord sport 1.5 had fuel dilution 2% at 5700 miles documented by blackstone labs . I got rid of it in April and got the 2021 accord sport 2.0t.

·
VCM DELETE
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I thanked scotty for coming out with the facts finally! My 2019 accord sport 1.5 had fuel dilution 2% at 5700 miles documented by blackstone labs . I got rid of it in April and got the 2021 accord sport 2.0t.
So its not just the CR-V then. Is your 2021 averaging 20 MPG? (That was his other complaint) 20mpg in a i-4 2.0T seems to be pretty bad fuel econ. Id like to hear from 2.0T owners on what there MIXED fuel econ is (so no, don't say I get 29 and its all highway...) I get highway is good mileage, but need real world/mixed drive stats here.

I take Scotty as entertainment. You cant believe everything he says word for word. He is going off of what other people complain about with there cars then he does his own twist on what he thinks is the issue. I also Watch Hoovies garage, Wizard, and a few other (south main auto) ect....

I mean even my V6 gets about 25 mixed. (unless im hammering throttle at every green light)
Below is a photo of my drive in today after filling up (And don't forget I got a full power V6 no VCM crap)

Edit**- Trip B I believe is like 14,000mi of driving. I havent reset that in ages wheras Trip A gets reset every fuel fill.
Really for a 3.5L V6, this car gets pretty dam good fuel Econ..

Attachments

Reactions: daniel walter

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you watch his channel enough, he is actually talking about those who buy them used... not those who leased them. I’ve actually seen him on his channel telling people to lease these cars new instead of buying them. Not exactly new info to me, and you’re right, those who buy new probably wouldn’t care, but to those who want a Mercedes (or whatever unreliable luxury car) by buying used, it can be helpful.
They ride and drive great. Friend said if your the kind of person who can drop your Mercedes at the dealer and say just bill me and not care buy one :)
They will let you drive a 80k car and charge you a small fortune. Owner took my old CLK to the dealer once for an oil change $350!
Yea it holds 8 quarts but $350 is insane

·
Registered
2021 ACCORD SPORT 2.0
56 Posts
So its not just the CR-V then. Is your 2021 averaging 20 MPG? (That was his other complaint) 20mpg in a i-4 2.0T seems to be pretty bad fuel econ. Id like to hear from 2.0T owners on what there MIXED fuel econ is (so no, don't say I get 29 and its all highway...) I get highway is good mileage, but need real world/mixed drive stats here.

I take Scotty as entertainment. You cant believe everything he says word for word. He is going off of what other people complain about with there cars then he does his own twist on what he thinks is the issue. I also Watch Hoovies garage, Wizard, and a few other (south main auto) ect....

I mean even my V6 gets about 25 mixed. (unless im hammering throttle at every green light)
Below is a photo of my drive in today after filling up (And don't forget I got a full power V6 no VCM crap)

Edit**- Trip B I believe is like 14,000mi of driving. I havent reset that in ages wheras Trip A gets reset every fuel fill.
Really for a 3.5L V6, this car gets pretty dam good fuel Econ..
averaging 35 on highway and 24 in town

Had a brain fart blackstone actually said it was 4 % in their report sorry. The oil mileage was only 1570 miles . Seems a bit nasty! Just glad that car is gone i went through all them recalls and the car almost killed us before the cmbs one!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
They ride and drive great. Friend said if your the kind of person who can drop your Mercedes at the dealer and say just bill me and not care buy one :)
They will let you drive a 80k car and charge you a small fortune. Owner took my old CLK to the dealer once for an oil change $350!
Yea it holds 8 quarts but $350 is insane
Oh I’m sure. $350 is more like 5x of synthetic oil changes at my Honda/Acura dealership. My Acura dealer offers free sodas and cookies too. I’m sure the coffee / cookie at the Mercedes dealership is very high end and delicious. 😁

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
Hold up, Scotty said the owner of that 10th gen touring is 20 years old?!
If mommy and daddy didn't buy it for him, and if he's not involved in illegal activity, I wonder how much debt he's in? Wow...

Anyway, yeah, I used to watch some of Scotty's videos, but some of his newer ones come off as rants or are full of junk. I remember watching a clickbait one about "never buy a Honda with this engine" or something, and he crapped all over an engine that actual owners here have had very few problems with. I think he just makes his videos for views and money, which is fine, but I'm not too impressed with the new ones.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If mommy and daddy didn't buy it for him, and if he's not involved in illegal activity, I wonder how much debt he's in? Wow...
If he’s living with his parents and doesn’t pay substantial bills or any at all, he may have paid cash for it. When I was living with my mother I was able to easily buy brand new cars with cash because I was only paying small utility bills. I’ve had friends who also did the same thing.

My house is paid for and I have no kids or a wife so I know in situations like that it’s easy to pay cash for brand new cars.

Reactions: darkknight302

·
Ex Mustang Driver
117 Posts
You are only going to get 20 mpg in a 2.0T if you drive around in Sport Mode all the time 😬

·
Registered
153 Posts
Before y’all slam the kid my son isn’t 20 and has saved enough to pay a huge deposit down on one. Made it working and investing. Actually done pretty good in stocks and currency

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Probably financed it to high heaven. I financed the full price of my 2014 LX for 75 months, it came to about $410/m. Easily $600/m for a touring on the same plan with today's interest rates

·
Registered
180 Posts

Yeah he also reviewed the garbage pile that's the chevy cruze, you know. So the Accord could be a huge steaming pile of crap too. Also LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL @ 20mpg. Holy cow I have a stage 3 tune and get 23~29 and 26 average!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I have been a lurker on this forum for years. And... I am the owner of the car that scotty reviewed. I took it to him at the end of May as I knew he was in my state and I couldn't overcome my curiosity and wanted to see how he was like in person. I spent about three hours with Scotty and left with my jaw on the ground haha.

No, I am not in debt and I actually own a few businesses and indeed bought the car on cash. I also invest, and do some other things. No illegal activities here (; I do not live with my parents, haha. Not your normal 20 year old. I appreciate the concern though, genuinely! :sneaky:

Here to answer any questions! And as some of you inevitably wondering, is he really the owner? Yes. Heres some proof too, haha!

Proof

·
VCM DELETE
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Well I have been a lurker on this forum for years. And... I am the owner of the car that scotty reviewed. I took it to him at the end of May as I knew he was in my state and I couldn't overcome my curiosity and wanted to see how he was like in person. I spent about three hours with Scotty and left with my jaw on the ground haha.

No, I am not in debt and I actually own a few businesses and indeed bought the car on cash. I also invest, and do some other things. No illegal activities here (; I do not live with my parents, haha. Not your normal 20 year old. I appreciate the concern though, genuinely! :sneaky:

Here to answer any questions! And as some of you inevitably wondering, is he really the owner? Yes. Heres some proof too, haha!

Proof
Do you really get 20MPG and are you always driving in sport mode? That's what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you really get 20MPG and are you always driving in sport mode? That's what I wanted to know.
My average is around 20, yes. Most of the time I’m in eco mode. I live in the suburbs so lots of stop and go and short runs. I’ve put 27k on the car since I bought it.

I don’t quite know why my gas mileage is so low haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 84 Posts