Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
VCM DELETE
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
My average is around 20, yes. Most of the time I’m in eco mode. I live in the suburbs so lots of stop and go and short runs. I’ve put 27k on the car since I bought it.

I don’t quite know why my gas mileage is so low haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea honestly im shocked my 9 year old V6 gets better MPG's than the 2.0T.
and even when i drive it like I stole it, I still get 22-23. Im pretty surprised.

Thanks for sharing. I've been following Scotty for awhile now and was thrilled to see him not only review a 10th gen, but a 2.0!
Im sure you were cracking up reading these responses over the past week or 2.

Reactions: abdullahsahmad

·
Registered
8 Posts
and even when i drive it like I stole it, I still get 22-23. Im pretty surprised.

Thanks for sharing. I've been following Scotty for awhile now and was thrilled to see him not only review a 10th gen, but a 2.0!
Haha I was. I’ve been watching for a few days. It’s been funny. When do you do well for yourself, and you’re young, some people love to dismiss it as everything being handed to you - which isn’t always the case.

Yeah it’s the one gripe I have with the 2.0. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just my specific car. Everyone else I know gets much better than me and I don’t drive overly fast.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I live in Central Illinois and drove down to Texarkana, Texas and back last week, and averaged 33 mpg going and 31 mpg on the return. I think it was around 1300 or 1400 total miles. My car is a 2018, 2.0 with six speed manual. The car is usually in ECO mode and I use premium unleaded - 91 to 93 octane. Seemed pretty good gas mileage to me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can make 6 Figures just doing YouTube videos. Not a bad way to make a living.
Mine would be short and boring :)
YouTube has an interview with Scotty. He says Google pays him .25 cents per view. He also says he's worth around $7 million.

I saw this review of the Accord a few days ago. Might have to make The Bride watch it.

·
willis in dallas
63 Posts
Really? Some of his video titles are a bit click-baity, other than that he keeps it straight. He seems to have a wealth of knowledge in car repairs too.

With that said, I think the problem with the 1.5t is a bit overhyped. It’s probably not nearly as bad as people think it is in reality.
My 2018 Touring 1,5 has been flawless since January 2018. My biggest complaint is the low profile tires. My poor beautiful wheels have a fair amount of rash because of them ( and my driving),

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EX - 1.5t - 37,900 mi 2010 Honda Accord EX - 142,000 mi
3 Posts
Driving mostly around town I regularly get 30-32 mpg on my 2018 Accord EX (37,900 mi). My 2010 EX gets closer to 27 mpg (142,000 mi). No oil problems with either car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Central Illinois and drove down to Texarkana, Texas and back last week, and averaged 33 mpg going and 31 mpg on the return. I think it was around 1300 or 1400 total miles. My car is a 2018, 2.0 with six speed manual. The car is usually in ECO mode and I use premium unleaded - 91 to 93 octane. Seemed pretty good gas mileage to me...
That’s because you’ve been driving on the highway with high octane. I drive in the suburbs stop and go with regular octane. That’s why my gas mileage is less.

Different gas. Different driving. Different gas mileage. Seems pretty different circumstances to me...

·
Registered
289 Posts
That’s because you’ve been driving on the highway with high octane. I drive in the suburbs stop and go with regular octane. That’s why my gas mileage is less.

Different gas. Different driving. Different gas mileage. Seems pretty different circumstances to me...

Well, that explains it then... Except for 50% of the return trip being on two lane state routes through the Arkansas Ozark Mountains (that's what they're called) and mostly driving in 3rd or 4th gear and almost never in 5th or 6th. And then the hills and dales of Southern Missouri on two lane roads... So, it really wasn't as you imagined.

(y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd hardly call 7 anonymous complaints with no data to back it up anything concrete... The 2019 and 2020 don't even have any complaints about gas in the engine oil.
I have 2019 1.5t sport, and I can confirm the 19's have oil dilution problem too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have 2019 1.5t sport, and I can confirm the 19's have oil dilution problem too.
Have you had this issue?

Well I have been a lurker on this forum for years. And... I am the owner of the car that scotty reviewed. I took it to him at the end of May as I knew he was in my state and I couldn't overcome my curiosity and wanted to see how he was like in person. I spent about three hours with Scotty and left with my jaw on the ground haha.

No, I am not in debt and I actually own a few businesses and indeed bought the car on cash. I also invest, and do some other things. No illegal activities here (; I do not live with my parents, haha. Not your normal 20 year old. I appreciate the concern though, genuinely! :sneaky:

Here to answer any questions! And as some of you inevitably wondering, is he really the owner? Yes. Heres some proof too, haha!

Proof
Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you’re doing quite well for yourself. You’re doing a whole lot better than most 20 year olds, as I remember how broke I was at 20 and didn’t even own my first car until I was 22. I’m happy for you bro. I hope you continue to have success 🙂

Reactions: AccordPirate04

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you’re doing quite well for yourself. You’re doing a whole lot better than most 20 year olds, as I remember how broke I was at 20 and didn’t even own my first car until I was 22. I’m happy for you bro. I hope you continue to have success
I thoroughly appreciate that. I own a sunglass business actually - and in addition to that, I’ve been flipping cars from car auctions for a few years.

I’m definitely lucky and very thankful. Unfortunately I seem to the only 10th gen accord owner that gets under 22 mpg

·
2020 best year
4,168 Posts
I heard that the 1.5T oil dilution issue has been addressed, but it does supposedly have some trouble warming up in some very cold winters of Canada.

It's just the Eco/Boost effect of turbocharged engines. NA engines actually are a bit better on gas compared to turbo engines of similar power when you drive it very hard.

·
Super Moderator
1,744 Posts
When I was 20, I was on my fourth car - a Grand Am I had purchased new. Adjusted for inflation, it cost $29,700 in today's dollars. I just purchased my 32nd vehicle a couple of months ago. Imagine how much more money I'd have in the bank had I kept the Grand Am! It would probably be on its second or third engine and transmission by now. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yup, even after an oil change, give it 500 miles and you can notice gas smell on dip stick, 1k miles all you smell is gas. I've taken to dealers and they pretend there is no smell
A sniff test isn't scientific. You need to have the oil analyzed.

If you are really concerned that there is an issue- have a shop do an oil change- and keep the paperwork that states the date and mileage. Wait 1000 miles (or even 5000 miles) and then send the oil in for an independent analysis. If the results are alarming, take the results to your dealership and see what they say. If they refuse to acknowledge that there is an issue- open a complaint with Honda Corporate- and keep all of the documentation so that if you have an issue in the future- you have proof that you've brought it to the attention to your dealership and Honda.

When I was 20, I was on my fourth car - a Grand Am I had purchased new. Adjusted for inflation, it cost $29,700 in today's dollars. I just purchased my 32nd vehicle a couple of months ago. Imagine how much more money I'd have in the bank had I kept the Grand Am! It would probably be on its second or third engine and transmission by now. :)

View attachment 531360
Is that the famous quad four engine? Oh my goodness- when I grew up in the 80s and 90s my parents refused to buy anything other than GM products. All but one were garbage.

To think of how much money they put into those cars to keep them running- they could have paid for much of my college.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts