Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 accord - Modern Steel Metallic

Someone scratched the hood of my car. First thing I did being a noob at these thing was brought a Paint Pen from Honda.

Its a pretty deep scratch, however it seems that the pen has paint of a lighter shade compared to the car. Will the paint eventually mix with the color of the car?

Any suggestions to fix this will be appreciated. :thmsup:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Wait until it's cured well, use a sanding block and 1200 grit paper to wet sand the excessive off until level with original paint, and then polish, it will be almost invisible.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
If it were mine I would have it painted. Tragic!

·
Registered
87 Posts
****s! I just got a large rock chip on my three week old MSM.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a couple of rock chips on the hood of my MSM Sport.I bought the Honda OEM Touch-up paint and found the color to be quite a bit lighter than the original color.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wait until it's cured well, use a sanding block and 1200 grit paper to wet sand the excessive off until level with original paint, and then polish, it will be almost invisible.

Even though well intended, DO NOT attempt this unless you know exactly what you're doing and have done it before.
This paint is crappy enough.
The OP's skill level may not be up to this and I would hate to see him back on here with a deeper issue, pun intended.. see what I did there :banana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts