Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good and easy way to polish light scratches from a windshield? I had some cheap wiper blades on the car and over time they put several light scratches right in the line of sight. I've tried toothpaste as it's supposed to be a mild abrasive but that didn't work. I'd like to be able to polish these light scratches out if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m interested as well. I used an old ice scraper a while back and it left scratching all over the windshield. It blows my mind that plastic was able to do that. I unsuccessfully tried to get them off with a clay bar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
8th Gen Believer
3,885 Posts
Interesting post, b/c in fact I'm replacing my windshield this week. About $250. I tried three detail shops and they all said the same thing. Once it's scratched, it's done.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seldomseen, thanks for the video tip. I'm surprised that no company like Meguiar's or Mother's has a product out that can be used with just a rag to apply (I don't have a buffer).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Seldomseen, thanks for the video tip. I'm surprised that no company like Meguiar's or Mother's has a product out that can be used with just a rag to apply (I don't have a buffer).
Probably because they have not yet found a way to bottle elbow grease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts