Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I drive a 1999 EX 3.0 L V6 model with 150K miles. For two days I was hearing a screeching sound from the passenger side so I opened the boot and the noise was coming somewhere near the belts assembly of passenger side of engine. It sounded like a belt might be touching against something, but I couldn't see it and couldn't pinpoint an exact location of sound source. So I was thinking to check it out with a mechanic. Before I acted on my thoughts, while I was driving at night there was a short loud sound. The battery and some other lights came on dash, the car got quieter. I parked the car as soon as I could. I walked back, I found the serpentine belt that broke into half and fell on the road. I went back to car, opened the boot, there was a plastic/rubber burning smell and bit of smoke coming out of boot.

I bought a new serpentine belt from Autozone, put on the new belt DIY. Now I started the car, but the screeching sound is still there, probably a little louder than last time. What can I do at this point, I am a newbie, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rodya

·
Registered
31 Posts
Remove the belt and check that all the alternator, ac compressor and tensioner pulleys turn freely. Sound like one of them has seized up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts