Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· just got my Inspire
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys and gals I would like to buy the lights that go on the reflectors like the JDM Inspire has them. I looked through the forums and i dint see anybody asking about this so i decided to post this. Where can I find the light set up to buy them, also how can i install them or is it better for the dealership to do it?
Thanks Peeps,
for the help. :dunno:

· Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
ok guys and gals I would like to buy the lights that go on the reflectors like the JDM Inspire has them. I looked through the forums and i dint see anybody asking about this so i decided to post this. Where can I find the light set up to buy them, also how can i install them or is it better for the dealership to do it?
Thanks Peeps,
for the help. :dunno:
What lights? describe it or post a picture, please.

· Pew Pew!
68 Posts
you like/!? they arnt like the reflectors on the 2011 model. these are the actual inspire lights that lights up. i installed them. but the problem is you have to cut a piece of ur trunk and cut a hole in the actual lights because in japan only one of the light is used.

· Registered
410 Posts
Won't fit on 2011 model they are longer compare to JDM Inspire trunk garnish,, do a search thread has been discussed many times

· just got my Inspire
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooh i really think it looks freakin bad ass, but i would like to do it with the LED's i think VIP style will really compliment the Inspire

i did look through the posts but my computer at work doesnt allow some pics :paranoid:

Ive seen some of these lights on the 2011 i googled it so iono if thats just in japan or what??

· Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Since you have a 2011 model, you can just mod it. Take the reflectors apart and put leds in, and wire it to the braking light.

· Registered
389 Posts
Since you have a 2011 model, you can just mod it. Take the reflectors apart and put leds in, and wire it to the braking light.
I think there was a discussion in a different thread that the height of the reflectors is a bit different from the actual inspire garnish. You'd have to be pretty handy with the LEDs to fit them inside the '11 reflectors.

· 4 door Coupe
984 Posts
i did research on hidplanet on led's and even though it would be cheaper to mod the 2011 reflectors with led's, im just gonna do the inspire trunk garnish mod instead. cleaner install..

· Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
check out stephen83's thread about this...

the ready to buy "LED trunk lights" only fit the Asian Inspires. The 2011 North american Accord trunk garnish looked like the Asian Inspires, but in fact the dimensions are off. Therefore, in order to get LED trunk lights, you have to convert to the Asian trunks, then buy these LED lights. Otherwise, you can modified them (as someone has suggested) by taking the lights apart.

· Registered
410 Posts
:thumbsup:Read this THREAD on HOW TO CONVERT your USDM Accord to JDM INSPIRE TRUNK

08-10 Accord needs to buy the whole trunk garnish
2011 Accord comes with reflector trunk (wider, longer and no lights), JDM INSPIRE trunk (shorter and lights up as a brake) would not fit UNLESS you convert it to JDM version

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43482

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39482

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49420

All questions are covered within this topic ON HOW TO and PARTS NEEDED........................ENJOY:thumbsup:

· Registered
410 Posts
just bought my trunk garnish!
Nice, post pics when your done.

Did you buy it from 3000gt-gto or the real Inspire for $700.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.