Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok what does sea foam actualy do? I am at 120k miles and i bought it from goudy honda at 80k around december of 2007??? I never changed spark plugs or atf. I just changed my oil last month.

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
you haven't changed your oil at all since purchasing your car?!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh yea of course. Everytime my maintainence light goes on. I did the big service last year it was like 600

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
Oh yea of course. Everytime my maintainence light goes on. I did the big service last year it was like 600
oh, alright. i read it wrong then, lol.

Yea but what does sea foam actualy do. Make my car? Do what
?
It's supposed to break down deposits in your engine and flush them out. mind you, some of the heavily built up deposits will require actual disassembly of the heads and/or rest of the engine in order to fully clean it out. seafoam is not intended to clean out those heavy deposits, but rather some of the lighter deposits that haven't been fully built up yet.

at least that's my understanding of seafoam.

·
Registered
72 Posts
oh, alright. i read it wrong then, lol.

It's supposed to break down deposits in your engine and flush them out. mind you, some of the heavily built up deposits will require actual disassembly of the heads and/or rest of the engine in order to fully clean it out. seafoam is not intended to clean out those heavy deposits, but rather some of the lighter deposits that haven't been fully built up yet.

at least that's my understanding of seafoam.
Okay got it. Il look it up on it on my next oil change.

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
do this a few days before doing your oil change, especially if you put it into the engine itself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Used seafoam last week and the results came out great. The response of my car has greatly increased and i have never felt such power in the car since i bought it. Addition things to note is that my CEL came on after i seafoamed the car. It went away after driving it around for a few miles. People say it was due to misfire but i did not get the exact codes. Non the less it is gone now :)

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
I'm thinking of seafoaming the T-Bird sometime this week and then changing the oil on it over the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
found this how-to/DIY video online

EDIT:

I guess that's not the youtube code to embed the video....

·
Dats da way to do...
487 Posts
after how many miles should you seafoam your car for the very first time on a fairly new car?

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
I'd say after 50k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just seafoamed my 2006 accord v6 only the gas and the intake not the engine. It smoked for only about 2 minutes i have 64,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an accord 04 LX with 119k on it, and I just put NGK plugs in it. Is it safe to use seafoam now or should i wait a bit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have some questions, if you guys can answer them, i'd appreciate it.

1. It says "Install the new plus being careful not to cross thread them. Then tighten to 13 ft lb of torque."
What does cross-thread mean?

excuse the noobness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That means be careful when you tighten the spark plugs. Do not force it to tighten, it should be able to guide itself with the existing threads. If you force it, then you could damage the block, and possibly some performance issues.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts