Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My apologies but I have searched threads, Googled and watched a number of videos and nowhere could I find where the heck the seat belt plugs back in under the seat. I just bought this car, 2004 4 cylinder 'EX' with an automatic transmission, and the SRS light is on and I suspect that the previous owner didn't like to wear his seat-belt and didn't want to listen to the beeping.

I was fortunate enough to get a desert car that's loaded (8 way power seat) and every video I found has only one or two plugs underneath the seat. So it's easy for those folks, but I'm losing my mind looking at this for hours.

Even the passenger side looks different, but I guess I'll start to disassemble that to see if that helps. I hesitate to do that, because I will likely break something while pulling it apart.

I think I may have figured it out. The PO likely replaced the latch with the wrong one for the car. The car came up clean but I could see the hood had a small wrinkle just above the bumper and I knew it hit something or somebody backed into it. But I live in New England and this car is completely rust free and all of the panels line up so I bought this Cali car and drove it home across the country.

I believe the wire from the latch should plug into the blue connector to the left of the white circled connector which comes from the latch. They are both female connectors and just wont play nice with each other. The passenger side looks like a female connector coming from the latch.

This is the passenger side:

I have yet to find a site that shows the connector in detail, so does any one know if I buy the correct seat belt latch if it is a male connector?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I've yet to see an '04 EX with an 8 way power seat so I think it's an EX-L seat, that's why I believe it's missing the connector...

Reactions: nes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've yet to see an '04 EX with an 8 way power seat so I think it's an EX-L seat, that's why I believe it's missing the connector...
It says 'EX' on the back but according to the VIN HondaPartsNow does call it a four door 'EXL'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air bag light is out. I bought a new latch from the dealer and yes I paid more than necessary, but I got it in less than 24 hours.

The one with the blue connector is the correct one.

If it has leather seats...it's an EX-L.
I believe that the interior is leather, but it's so stiff that it's hard to tell.

Once I get everything else sorted, (transmission-'d' light started flashing crossing the Rockies at 100+degrees F, struts and front bumper clips) I'll Lexol it to see if I can bring the leather back at all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Brave of you to attempt a cross country drive in an unknown car. Does the car have all its airbags present?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brave of you to attempt a cross country drive in an unknown car. Does the car have all its airbags present?
It does have all the air bags.

Yeah, more balls than brains. The wife said I was all talk (yeah I had been going on about my brother's rust free 2006 BMW he got recently after moving to Vegas, asking why are we buying a rusty POC in New England...) So, I showed her. :)

TSA doesn't allow tools over seven inches in your carry-on. And I'm not certain they wouldn't disappear in a checked bag, so I spent about $300 in tools and supplies in Vegas. Since the tools luckily went unused I returned them when I got home. My apologies to the big box store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts