Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 accord 4 cyl , automatic 42 k miles.

1. Tires have only 7K miles on them
( uniroyal tiger paw, anyone have opinion on uniroyal tires?

2. Road forced balanced 2 times, rims run true--NOT warped/bent

3. 35-60mph get a vibration you can feel IN THE SEAT OF YOUR PANTS AND FLOOR BOARD----- NOT SO MUCH IN STEERING WHEEL, but just a little in steering wheel , like a bad tire (see above).

4. also rear struts seems ultra sensitive to little bumps in the road.

5. seems like when your turning around a corner at say 5 mph or so it seems to also make the vibration happen.

6. When it's vibrating... tried popping car into neutral---still vibrates in neutral

7. It will vibrate when your coasting along or accelerating, or in neutral. Can really notice it on new black topped smooth roads.

8. Tried moving tires around---same thing happens

:dunno: PLEASE HELP.... THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!! :dunno:

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
1,811 Posts
Can be a number of things.

Are all of your lug nuts tight and torqued accordingly?

Check the CV joints for wear.

Are there any humming noises which increase with speed/steering inputs? If so, could be a bad wheel bearing.

But my money is on the tires. Sounds like one may have thrown a belt. Go back to where you purchased them and have them go over the tires. Try a different set and see if the vibration goes away. Accords are very sensitive to tires. One brand can ride like crap and another smooth as glass. I went through three different brands before finding one that rode smooth. The manager at the tire shop was not surprised and said Accords were like this and only liked quality brands.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CV joints seem good, lugs torqued correctly. No humming noise.
Could a bad axle cause a vibration in the seat of your pants? I would think you would feel a bad axle more in the steering wheel.

What kind of tires did you end up going with?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Since the vibration stays the same when you moved the wheels around it could be your axles or possibly the brake rotors messed up. Have the brake rotors been turned or replaced recently?
Another test for the tires is to jack up both front wheels and spin them at the problem speed. If you dont feel the vibrations with the wheels off the ground then is must be the tires. Set the parking brake and block the rear wheels as this test is at your own risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.