Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second winter with the car, it takes about ~15-20 minutes for the seat to feel warm. Yes it's cold (around zero) but other cars I've driven heat up within 2 minutes.

Is there some sort of heating module or something I can replace?

Cold leather is not good with dress pants. Heated seats is also important to me because I drive 1.5 miles each way so the car heater never fully warms up.

·
2020 CBP Touring
694 Posts
Second winter with the car, it takes about ~15-20 minutes for the seat to feel warm. Yes it's cold (around zero) but other cars I've driven heat up within 2 minutes.

Is there some sort of heating module or something I can replace?

Cold leather is not good with dress pants. Heated seats is also important to me because I drive 1.5 miles each way so the car heater never fully warms up.
They cycle off after only ten minutes on high. Getting them comfortably hot is a huge pain in the ass. They are good for taking the edge off. Thats about it...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've noticed they only start heating up after you've put your weight on the seat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I've noticed they only start heating up after you've put your weight on the seat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree with this. Up here in North Dakota we've been having a high of about 0°F and lows of -20°F and my seats will be warm within about 1-2 minutes. My car is parked outside, driven about every other day. I suppose you could replace the heating element part of the seat...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mine are slow as well. Our '06 Ody were slow too. The wife's brand new 2013 CRV is a little quicker, but not by much. I think it's just Honda. Like others have said they seem to only heat up when you have your weight on the seat. I've started the car a few times and let it warm up with the seat heaters on and nothing. they were cold as ever. My friend has an Audi TT. His are pretty much instant as soon as you get in and turn them on. Honda is lacking in this department.

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
286 Posts
ive been using them daily here.. hot toasty butt pretty quick U_U

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 03 exl I4 takes at least 15 min just to feel it, kind of useless to me since I want it when I first start the car, after the cab warms up I no longer need it. I will most likely install a 120 v interior warmer otherwise I will need some cloth seat covers! Lovely!
My 06 srt8 has it right, cooking almost immediately and then turn it down to low after 5 and off after 10, damn near perfect for me.
Hmmmmmm maybe a swap might be needed here.

Maybe Honda relies on our butts to preheat the seats before the heater turns on!

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
From member "Baldeagle" on the 9th Gen forum....(they have the same "complaints")

"Seat heaters need a fair amount of current to heat quickly, perhaps 40 or 50 amps. While our alternators produce about 140 amps (peak), that is partially a function of rpm. At idle they produce around 30% of their peak output. In most cars, the engine’s rpm needs to be at 2,000 or above for the alternator to produce peak power.

If the rpm are low, the seat heaters will not get much electricity and will heat slowly. If you want them to heat faster or just get hotter, drive with the rpm higher. That should help."

EDIT from RickBlaine: I wonder if having a larger battery therefore helps in this regard? Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
seat heat in my 03 still fires up inside of 5 minutes on high. Once they get hot, it is best to put them on "low" so the heat stays constant. Otherwise they cycle off and on.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,677 Posts
My seat heats up within 5 minutes, then I turn it down to low. Of course the coldest it's gotten here in Louisiana is 28 degrees. I can feel the heat through my insulated overalls, so it's pretty darn hot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It takes around 10 minutes for my seat warmers to kick in on the high setting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts