Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this issue? I notice when I have to really get on the brakes, my seat slides slightly forward, I have been told the passenger seat does it as well, but as I don't ride over there I can't say for sure. Driver's side is powered, passenger is not, anyone had this or know what I need to do to fix it? It doesn't feel like the brackets are loose on the floor, more that the seat is loose in the track, if that helps.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
It is normal. Such a minor issue that it isn't worth replacing the entire track mechanism. As you said, it only happens when you hit the brakes hard. Since it is a power seat, it doesn't really have a locking mechanism like a manual seat so there will be some slight movement on the track.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
How could the driver's seat moving under hard braking be normal?????? If my car did that I'd be at the dealer's door in a heartbeat.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
The part (entire mechanism) costs an arm and a leg (maybe two if you have the 8-way power seat). I'm sure the dealership will be glad to change it, if you have the dough. I wish there were a cheaper fix, but I haven't found one yet. If the seat moved every time I accelerated or braked, then I would have to do something, but 95% of the time it doesn't move.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Do a search because I know I have seen threads where the electric seats do this as they get older.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe there was a service/tech bulletin on this issue. I had the same problem and Honda provided a FREE fix. Believe they replaced the tracks, but wouldn't bet my life on that. Those with the problem should search around and see if there is a solution.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What year do you have? When was it fixed? I don't know if Honda would be particularly eager to replace seats in 7-year-old cars.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check to see if Honda has something out on them...one of the perks with a dad who has worked at the Accord plant for 15 odd years...haha

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
I'll check to see if Honda has something out on them...one of the perks with a dad who has worked at the Accord plant for 15 odd years...haha
Please do. I'm crossing my fingers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts