Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so today i went to goudy honda in alhambra to get my sunroof fixed.

well.. someone at school tried to break in to my car through sunroof so i took it to dealer to get it fixed... long story..

anyways!

well this time they DID charge me $51.50 for labor and $32.45 for the parts needed.

BUT!!!

as i went back to pick up my car, i noticed that my cars been washed!
so i asked one of the workers and he said they washed my car for free!!! :D

i dont know if it's just me, but i keep getting good services at honda dealers.

i just thought i'd share my second experience at honda dealer.

·
1st gear
363 Posts
Washs always free!

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
they always wash the cars for free. but they use a dirty rag to dry the car down so idk if you like swirls on your car, i never let them wash my car

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
A free wash is a good service but i dont trust them washing my car because they reuse the chamois's to dry other cars. Thats why i always tell them to not wash it even though its free :thmsup:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dealers usually give free carwashes when you take your car in for service, at least the 2 dealers that I usually go to. The only downside is that you'll see swirl marks around your car and they dont dry it very well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The dealer I go to moved to a brand new Honda building a few years ago, their car wash seems different than what you guys are describing. This one doesn't use chamois, rags, etc.; it one of those touch-less ones. Only thing is it's not completely dry when you get the car.

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Swirls

If they put the swirls there then I guess they figure eventually people will want them out...And many, many people, go to the dealer to get them out ! How conveinent.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Some Honda dealerships have automated coffee and tea machines serving Starbucks coffee, and may or may not have packaged pastries. The Acura, Infiniti, Lexus dealerships will usually have the individually packaged pastries and bottled water, sodas and bottle juices. -- It's not only free car washes that are offered.

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
btw, this is the dude that got away with the 110mph speeding ticket...
ROFL!! :lmao::lmao: :notworthy Now thats something we should all find out about doing just incase! :lmao:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Free or not, I tell them NOT to wash my car! They do enough damage just doing what they are supposed to be doing...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn... chevy dealers never washed my car for free...

i guess i was the only one who didnt know about dealers and their free car washes -_-

·
Registered
873 Posts
Never will I ever let the dealer wash my car again.

I went in to get the rear deck rattle fixed and after we went for a test drive. The guy kept asking if I wanted them to wash my car. I car was perfectly clean, but he kept bugging me about it and so I gave them a shot.

10 minutes later I come out and find that they didn't even bother drying the car. Looks like they just ran it through the automated washer, which left spots on my car because of the water left on the car.

It didn't help at all since I had to go home and rewash it to get all the water spots off of it.

·
Doc Mojo
1,499 Posts
ROFL!! :lmao::lmao: :notworthy Now thats something we should all find out about doing just incase! :lmao:
lol, i remember his login name and i always add a word before it... use your imagination....

and i've noticed the threads he started b4, if you go through them, you'll realize what kinds of questions he ask.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nothing In Life Is Completely Free.

I'm somewhat surprised at all of the so called "free" car washes.
I think it is more of a "courtesy" car wash.
I say this because the cost is built into the labor and parts charges for your service visit. Even when you refuse the wash ( I do ) you've really paid for it in your service bill.
Most people don't heavily scrutinize their repair bills. Take a look and there's a good chance you'll see a line for washer fluid top off. You will recieve that charge whether or not you neded the fluid. I always make sure the reservoir is full and I tell the advisor not to charge this item. They go nuts because it is part of their service dept software to automatically charge it to every repair bill. Hey, if you could get away making an additional let's say $2.50 for every car serviced just on this one item then the free wash and coffee dosen't seem so special to me.
Seriously, how many of you really understand your total repair bills format. It's made confusing for a reason.

·
Registered
708 Posts
they never touch my acura, they just recommend i fix the dent..

·
Living Life
492 Posts
I went to my dealership and they offered a free car wash, then I asked what they use and they said a brush. wtf? no thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts