Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, so a few days ago my CEL came on and I felt some vibrations at low rpms, so I pulled the codes with a OBDII scanner, no cylinder misfire at all but a faulty O2 sensor, the description says Secondary HO2S (Sensor: 2) heated. My question is, how many O2 sensors does my car has on it (EX-L v6 09 sedan), and if more than two, wich one is pulling this code? Can this O2 sensor really cause those vibrations or not? Tried to find some answers on forum but couldn't find something clear.

Thanks by now!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I don't know about the V6, but with the I4 there's 2 cats, and 1 O2 sensor and 1 AFR sensor. The O2 sensor doesn't affect the engine's operation at all, only the AFR sensor directly off the exhaust manifold does. The O2 sensor is just there to tell if the cat is working properly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the V6, but with the I4 there's 2 cats, and 1 O2 sensor and 1 AFR sensor. The O2 sensor doesn't affect the engine's operation at all, only the AFR sensor directly off the exhaust manifold does. The O2 sensor is just there to tell if the cat is working properly.
Hmmmm I see, then I'll have to find out whats the problem causing those vibrations. Anyways, is there any consecuences on just ignoring this faulty O2 sensor (Secondary; sensor 2, just after cat converter afaik) short/long term?

Thanks 4 helping drowned!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
(Again), I'm not sure if the V6 is different, but on the I4 you can ignore the O2 sensor all day long and the only consequence is a CEL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts