1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
675 Posts
These have been out for a while now. I have not but some one have and many people don't like it. These have been discussed about a year ago? It costs about $300-400 and I've heard that the optics of these aftermarket projectors are inferior to OEM ones. Thanks for looking out anyway.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
The problem is, you can't just look at the picture of the headlight housings to know if they have good lighting pattern, or not, which is the most important aspect when buying a lighting system.

Personally I would be very wary unless the supplier provides a night time lighting pattern image so folks know exactly what they are buying into.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is, you can't just look at the picture of the headlight housings to know if they have good lighting pattern, or not, which is the most important aspect when buying a lighting system.

Personally I would be very wary unless the supplier provides a night time lighting pattern image so folks know exactly what they are buying into.
Precisely. And they're not exactly cheap.

A friend that owns a sedan was wanting to do a retrofit, and had found those. I was hoping to see if anyone had already done it, and if so could provide feedback/pix.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Someone had it and posted pics but no cutoff it a long time ago but went back to stock. They are actually bixenon btw. Just giving some second hand feedback in hopes of your will not waste his/her money. Yeah, retrofitting is expensive but it's better than dumping half that cost in these and end up not liking it. I agree that business that are trying to sell aftermarket projector headlights should provide cutoff pics from a distance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
easy to install. i love the way my car look with these halo lights. and even tho is a i4 i will get the v6 bumper this weeken to make it looks wayy better...they are hot at night time

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
and the good thing is that make you car look unique!!..well on my situation cuz there is too many accords here in new york lolz...so everyone stay looking at my car..really nice...am always on the website checking and stuff... i got a lot stuff more to put in my car...i already got the turning light mirrors and i order the front bumper v6 with HID plus the wing spoiler and i will do a threat soon posting for pix of my car ;-) lolz

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
So you're saying you don't have HID in those headlights yet? If it's not too much trouble could you show us how it lights up a white wall from 25 ft away? Thanks. Which signal mirrors did you get? The real Inspire ones or the ones that look like the one you have now? The ebay 4 cylinder version but with a blinker on it?

How old are you if you don't mind telling.

·
Rice Rice Baby
271 Posts
These are not HID, the bulbs for low/high are Phillips H9 bulbs. I had the chrome version of these eBay headlights for about 3 months before I took them out and went back to stocks. The reason I switch back is because I wanted to "retrofit" them. If you worry about the lights output on these headlights then put HID in them, they already comes with projectors built-in, why bother with retrofitting the stocks which going to cost you $1000+. These headlights cost $400 + $100 HID kit, and you saved $500. Retrofit is so overpriced for just taking out the stock headlights apart, and stick a set of projectors and HID kit inside it. If you look at the picture on the back of the eBay headlights you can just put the HID in the low, and stick the stock bulb for high. And just don't worry about all other wires. If you don't want the LED just don't connect the harness to the little plug on the left. You can also put 2 set of HID for both highs and Lows, and still save money over retrofit. These headlights looks good with less amber reflectors compare to stocks.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28227&stc=1&d=1262494522

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics you did so far. Please post how these projectors light up a wall at night. As long as the light pattern and cutoff is good, these could be a really good alternative to retrofits if someone doesn't want to do it themselves or pay ~$1000.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As Aiden say These are not HID, but i will put them later on...am 21 and i will see if i can take the pics tonight...yeah i got the ones from eBay not the empires one....bu is good pay $300 for mirrors that have the turning light plus they are heated and fold automatically when turning ON/OF the car... the reason i order them was because one of the mirror glass of the stock ones was broke.... MY CAR WILL BE LOOKING LIKE AIDEN'S CAR LOLZZZZ...THAT WILL BE MY MOD GOAL WHICH IS RIGHT IN THE CORNER LOL...I WILL POST SOME PICTURES

·
Registered
112 Posts
they already have these lights on eBay for like $400 with HID 6k, 8k, 10k, 14k

·
Registered
145 Posts
i was thinking of getting those headlights at some point because i cant afford retros yet, but i havent seen any night shots of the cutoff, so id rather wait and save for a proper retro but im interested in seeing some pictures of the mirrors once theyre installed...

·
Reverse
196 Posts
Do those headlights still have a high-beam?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Do those headlights still have a high-beam?
They're supposed to be "bixenon" with a metal flap behiind the projector.

Aiden, can you post a pic of the cut off shot of it on a wall please? And also take a pic of the headlights from the side showing the chrome and amber side marker? I'm trying to get a feel on how it looks from different angles. Only things I'll change is to take out that chrome LED strip or just mask it off and then switch out that amber light where the original high beams are and put a white/yellow color change LED in it. That's is turned into a signal light right?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
What's up with people posting the headlights installed but no night time shots?

The light output must be really poor, lol

Less talk, more pics :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
okay guys here are some new and old pictures...the installation of the headlights in from of my house lolz it was summer time so no matter...when i got my rims and some other stuff too...also i took some pictures last night like at 15 or 20 feet away in the back of my house in my garage, sorry for the pic quality it was with my Iphone and it was freezing last night so i took these quick pic so u have and idea,but i will take more.. they look nice from far and like kind of bluish lolz..they looks better than stock plus at night time these headlights with some 10k blue HID looks crazy...when i do it i will post some pic.... so here are some pictures of my car, enjoy it :p

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
more pix

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
job done! less than 45 min

Attachments

1 - 20 of 96 Posts