Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new owner of a silver 03 I4-AT coupe, I would like to switch to the 05 lighted switches but the dealer wants over $150 for the switches and online they are $120 to my door. For that price, I can do without lights!

The 05 coupes are quite elusive, if not extinct in the wrecking yards but the sedans are plentiful and boy do they look similar! If i buy the sedan switches I can compare and if they do not fit then they will exchange.

Herein lies the problem, the odds of an 05 coupe coming in are slim to none so I would be stuck with used $55 sedan switches.

I know the coupes and sedans have a different part # but has anyone had the opportunity to actually compare the sedan and coupe switches?

·
Accordial
36 Posts
they should be interchangeable from the sedan and coupe.

honestly though, IMO it's not worth the money/time at all. I have the illuminated buttons on my car & they aren't very bright and are barely noticeable

·
Registered
34 Posts
The air bag covers are different so who knows about the fitment, but another question I would think about is if you simply plug in the switches if they are going to even light up or if you need to run a wire for illumination

Also keep in mind that sedans switches/buttons light up a different color than the coupe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The air bag covers ARE different due to the coupe being a three spoke and the thread by princess indicates to run the wire but that is not a problem for me, but I did not realize the sedans were a different color, hmmmmmmmm.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
I believe the sedans light up a blueish/green or white while the coupes light up orange
Yeah - my sedan has white backlight and white needles on the gauge cluster too. I'd like to mod the needles red sometime in the future ...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think the 06-07 coupe switches fit as well so don't just wait for an 05 coupe to roll into a junkyard. If an 06-07 coupe is in a junkyard, get those switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts