Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner of a 14 Accord LX 2.4L CVT Auto. I have approx 154,000 and I have done very little in repairs. I am very meticulous in taking care of routine maintenance.

Over the past 2-3 weeks I have begun to notice a start problem. I get into the vehicle and attempt to crank it. I have the old fashioned key and ignition. I go to turn the ignition over and it activates all of the electronic elements and clicks, but no engine start. I usually repeat this process a couple of times and it will finally crank.

I have no dash lights that are warning me of issues. I have tested the battery and it is perfectly fine. I have checked the battery connections and they are solid and free of corrosion. I have had the alternator checked and it did result in an issue/failure. I replaced the alternator, but I am still having the same problems.

My next best guess is replacing the starter. I don't think it is a relay issue since the clicking happens after I attempt to crank.

I am looking for any thoughts, recommendations, or assistance. Thank you ahead of time for responding.

· Registered
196 Posts
Test to see if you're getting 12V at the starter relay when you set the ignition to start/run position. If there's 12 V present, the only thing stopping the start is if the wire is broken going to the starter or the starter itself. There are youtube videos showing access and replacing it from the bottom of the vehicle. To guarantee it's the starter, you need to test to see if the Starter power is reaching the starter.

· Registered
707 Posts
I have the same car. Mine had same symptoms. It was the starter. That was at about 85,000 miles. It could be other things, of course...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.