1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Please dont say "use teh s3rch!!!!111!!11"

because I dont know what its called, or anything,

Im seeking info here, is it possile to convert it to a touch screen for the lxs? That would control everything, the radio and ipod and whatever, but i dont want navi.

if so, what would you reccomend? What do i need?

thanks

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
No such product exists, unless you want some POS Chinese aftermarket system in your Accord. They offer touchscreen Navi aftermarket systems that retain the OEM look. But you need long arms to reach up to the center screen for touchscreen control.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
No such product exists, unless you want some POS Chinese aftermarket system in your Accord. They offer touchscreen Navi aftermarket systems that retain the OEM look. But you need long arms to reach up to the center screen for touchscreen control.
:lmao: :lmao: To the long arms...I was thinking the same thing. Check out cardomain, I've seen some people to that right where the radio is, but that could be the China aftermarket stuff :dunno:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The best thing to do is buy the Metra or Scosche dash kit and then pick out whatever major brand (Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, etc) touchscreen double din head unit you like best.

·
4,574 Posts
The best thing to do is buy the Metra or Scosche dash kit and then pick out whatever major brand (Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, etc) touchscreen double din head unit you like best.
I agree with that solution. They make a nice aftermarket stereo dash kit for the 8th Gen Accords.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could I possibley get some links?

·
4,574 Posts
Could I possibley get some links?
Go to metraonline.com. Enter your vehicle information and you will see the dash kits. No direct links since you need to enter vehicle information and browse the list. They vary based on dash trim color and either single or dual-zone AC control.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
It will look similar to this:

·
4,574 Posts
If you install an aftermarket stereo, the upper display will no longer work because it only works with the OEM stereo. That is the price you pay if you want an aftermarket head unit. Without knowing your budget, we can't tell you what stereo to buy. Visit Crutchfield.com and research the stereos.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
If you install an aftermarket stereo, the upper display will no longer work because it only works with the OEM stereo. That is the price you pay if you want an aftermarket head unit. Without knowing your budget, we can't tell you what stereo to buy. Visit Crutchfield.com and research the stereos.
He's correct. If you have manual climate control, the upper display will be completely blank. If you have auto climate control all of your climate control info will show up but the rest will be blank. The compass won't show up because it gets it's info from the OEM head unit. IMO it's a small price to pay for the increased functionality of an aftermarket head unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts