Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Having driven the C-Class MB 4 doors, I enjoyed the car, but when I heard they were coming out with a coupe version of the C-Class I was excited.

Now I don't know if I should give MB a :thmsup: for copying the Accord Coupe or give them a :thumbsdow for a total fail on their design. Huge fail from MB!

My lease ending in January 2012 and I was excited to lease the coupe version of the C-Class but after seeing a few pictures, I was stunned and turned off by the design. for a 2012 model it already seems so outdated.

When my lease ends, guess I'll go for the buy back option of my 2008 Accord, and sell it when the 9th Generation of the Accord Coupe comes out. (depending on the design of the 9th generation coupe)

·
1st gear
363 Posts
i like the LED fogs :D looks pretty nice tho, kinda like a luxurious gthgen coupe!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I like that, a lot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd like to see it in person before I make any judgements.

·
hon[DUH]
126 Posts
i dont think MB copied the Accord at all. They have their own C class style as the sedan. But nonetheless great car!
lol someone with sense!
Benz>Honda anyday.
yes, this coming from a very big Honda enthusiast.
but i DOUBT to the max that they copied the Accord.
like facepalm azfck!

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
Don't think so...

I don't think they even mentioned Honda when making this vehicle to be honest. If anything, I think MB is trying to compete with Audi's S4 coupe and BMW's 3 series coupe. Since they both start pricing at $47,100 and up to $45,050, respectively. Mercedes Benz does not offer a coupe in that price range, so they injected an C-Class coupe into their line-up to eat away at the sales of Audi and BMW, not the Accord Coupes.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one but it wouldn't be my first choice. The front end looks too "American", meaning it looks big and bloated and in your face. Too Ford SHO-ish. If I were to buy a German car, I would opt for something a bit more clean and athletic looking.

·
I love vtec!
316 Posts
That's actually my next car I am planning to get! I like the front look a lot! Just felt not enough power for the amount of money they are asking for on 2011 models. The new 2012 c350 has 300horse power yet still save 5% more gas than the earlier models. I will get the sedan version tho. Coupes are a little not practical. :thmsup:

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
I fail to see anything that looks like the coupe except for maybe the quarter window shape. Imaginations sometimes get the best of us.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What is the reliability rating for the MB? I hear folks complaining a lot about their Accords, but the last I looked (and it's been a while) at Consumer Reports, MB got very bad reliability rates. I've never even considered an MB because of the relability rating... but maybe that has changed recently.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Consumer Reports is about the most "not to be trusted" bunch of misinformation that exists today. I would not trust them to rate a toaster, much less anything to do with a car. Their so called testers and standards for vehicles are pathetic.

But they might just be right on this one. :cool:

Hopefully MB is making a move back up the quality ladder. They had slipped in the early to mid 2000s for sure.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'd rather have an Audi S5 than this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts