Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I bought an 05 accord VTI 2.4L Auto about a month ago and decided to bring the 6 stacker CD audio system into the 21st century with the intent on adding an all in one system.

Did a lot of research on in dash systems that can be retrofitted into the existing dash without a huge amount of trouble. After sorting through some cheap nasty and slow systems I settled on a decent quad core CPU system with decent enough GPU to run an android 5.1.1 system with ease from Seicane:

I also upgraded the audio to some top notch Alpine Type-R 6 1/2" components for the front and 6x9's for the rear deck powered by a 400RMS Pioneer amp:

-Alpine SPR-60C (110w RMS Peak 4ohms)

-Alpine SPR-69 (110W RMS Peak 4ohms)

-Pioneer GM-8604D

Install Pics:

After install positive thoughts:
The stock EQ was garbage and made me super worried at first about the sound quality so i immediately installed JetAudio+ and poweramp apps to fine tune and will balance out on the amp itself but the upgrade was well worth it with super crisp highs and punchy mids. I'm really impressed with the DAB+ radio, GPS and the visibility of the unit during the day.

Downsides:
1. The rear deck or something in the vicinity has developed the worst rattle this week, at first I thought I had blown the speakers but it will need some investigation as its really bad once you add the slightest bass and volume into the EQ. The 6X9's just fit under the stock covers so I'm not sure if the vibration from the speaker is hitting the covers or something else....

2. The reversing camera that replaces one of the numberplate lights is half cut off by the boot and I believe it wouldnt be a problem in Euro models.

I did a lot of research on here before installing and was a great help! Running wiring through the front door panels was one of the most frustrating things I've ever had to do :p

Cheers

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
that looks great!

probably totally different from US Spec?

did you have Single or Dual climate controls and can you still access ALL OEM climate control functions?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
thats awesome!

can you give more details?

Seller info, what you paid would be helpful

·
Registered
11 Posts
that looks great!

probably totally different from US Spec?

did you have Single or Dual climate controls and can you still access ALL OEM climate control functions?
Cheers, it's Dual Climate control and all OEM climate control functions work perfectly. The 2 climate control cables plug into the back of the unit.

There is a little snowflake floating widget on the screen, when you press it it brings up a page with all the controls.

thats awesome!

can you give more details?

Seller info, what you paid would be helpful
I tried putting the link in but I think the site has a safe guard there, if you go to seicane.com and filter by Honda Accord 7 series years it will show up.

I got 5% off the price too (was in AUD), normal I think is $476 US

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Huh! Looks very interesting... I am considering putting a Pioneer NEX unit into my car (which my son will be driving) - but this might be an option...

Which phone do you use? I wonder if navigation works with an iPhone or it requires an Android phone (text seems to indicate that)? Since it is Wifi enabled, I am guessing that it can connect to the phone and use the phone data connection, hence online maps use.

How does Bluetooth work?

I wish it had a HD radio but oh well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks good! Now I'm interested, because it uses Android OS, and especially in this since it has A/C controllers:
10.2 Inch 1024*600 Android 6.0 2003-2007 Honda Accord 7 Car Stereo GPS Navigation Head Unit with 1080P Video Bluetooth Music Autoradio Steering Wheel Control Rearview Camera DVR 4G Wifi

How's the unit quality? Any issues so far? Do you recommend it?
Oh wow they didn't have the unit with actual controls available when I ordered mine, its also android 6 (although wont be a huge difference).

As for your questions the finish is really nice (the pic I put on wasnt the greatest) and the performance of the unit is very quick HD youtube and a blueray rip was slippery smooth. I would recommend it, they've also been really helpful with questions post sale and included the DAB+ Radio unit for free.

Also another huge plus was that it didnt require a GPS SD card (came with Sygic which is top notch) so I actually have 2 SD slots available on the front of the unit with 32GB each for music / movies.

Huh! Looks very interesting... I am considering putting a Pioneer NEX unit into my car (which my son will be driving) - but this might be an option...

Which phone do you use? I wonder if navigation works with an iPhone or it requires an Android phone (text seems to indicate that)? Since it is Wifi enabled, I am guessing that it can connect to the phone and use the phone data connection, hence online maps use.

How does Bluetooth work?

I wish it had a HD radio but oh well.
In regards to your questions:
-I use Samsung Galaxy S7

-For navigation it comes preinstalled with the Sygic GPS app with US maps preinstalled (think of the whole unit as an android tablet) so there is no need to use your phones data connection. You could download any nav application from the Google Play store if you wanted to be honest and even if you wanted to use the google maps app you can download a large section of offline maps anyway and use zero phone data.

-As for as connectivity is concerned for an iPhone, you can "Mirrorlink" it as required but I don't see much benefit in this as Bluetooth, WiFi connectivity and Google Play app store give you all the control you need anyway.

-Bluetooth works as you would expect in any modern car system, connects and pairs as normal and gives you all the control, phone books, music etc, Invoke Siri commands etc.

-HD Radio (DAB+) dongle can be purchased with it. I was fortunate enough to have it thrown in for free, and yes its a major improvement over standard analog.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
So the climate control works from the radio? What happens if the heat is blowing and you turn the radio off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the climate control works from the radio? What happens if the heat is blowing and you turn the radio off?
The power button is more of a sleep function when the car is on, so expect it to function as normal and maintain the climate you have entered when off.

It also continues with the last used settings when you start the car in the morning etc.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
@Dupster ; nice install ... I like this set-up more than my upper touch screen set-up. Also - your shifter button, on the wrong side of the handle, gave me slight vertigo this morning.

PS - nice shoes mate ...

Here's the model with climate knobs and buttons ;

10.2 Inch 1024*600 Android 6.0 2003-2007 Honda Accord 7 Car Stereo GPS Navigation Head Unit with 1080P Video Bluetooth Music Autoradio Steering Wheel Control Rearview Camera DVR 4G Wifi

·
Registered
11 Posts
So in your opinion, would it be a viable option for U.S. cars? I noticed everything in their ad refers to "European" applications.
I'd contact them directly but to be honest knowing the models of the Accord I cant see it being an issue.

Been using it for a while now and we also have a 2016 Suzuki Vitara and I struggle going back to such a "limited system" :laugh

@Dupster ; nice install ... I like this set-up more than my upper touch screen set-up. Also - your shifter button, on the wrong side of the handle, gave me slight vertigo this morning.

PS - nice shoes mate ...
haha cheers I'm still amazed at how well it all fit in, like usually when you buy things like this and have to compromise due to poor build quality and replication but you would swear looking at it that it's all stock.

·
Honda Buff
467 Posts
@Dupster: So, how are you liking this Seicane unit after some more time with it? Any issues/gripes?

I like the large screen, but I'm a little bit leery of having zero knobs for climate control or volume/tuning. Has this ban an issue? I guess as long as the steering wheel controls work seamlessly, the volume control won't be an issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Dupster: So, how are you liking this Seicane unit after some more time with it? Any issues/gripes?

I like the large screen, but I'm a little bit leery of having zero knobs for climate control or volume/tuning. Has this ban an issue? I guess as long as the steering wheel controls work seamlessly, the volume control won't be an issue.
Absolutely no issues at all, really loving the digital radio and literally being able to install any app I want. I wouldnt worry about no physical controls its just adjusting to the new tech, I had concerns pre purchase but its all easy to use. My father has borrowed it while I was interstate for work and he had no issues too.

Even the sat nav system in my new Audi S3 has nothing on this to be honest.

I think this is the one you have? https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscr...-wifi-1080p-support-obd2-dvr-rearview-s161218

I'm curious if these units will fit the Accords that did have the factory NAV screen like mine?
This is the newer model to mine (mine came preloaded with android 5.1.1 and was full touchscreen).

In regards to your question these units are specifically for non stock sat nav accords and fits perfectly, it's ridiculous how stock and perfect it looks.

·
Honda Buff
467 Posts
Absolutely no issues at all, really loving the digital radio and literally being able to install any app I want. I wouldnt worry about no physical controls its just adjusting to the new tech, I had concerns pre purchase but its all easy to use. My father has borrowed it while I was interstate for work and he had no issues too.

Thanks. I appreciate the first-hand feedback. I am seriously considering this upgrade after spending some time in the wife's 2014 Civic. Some of the new features are pretty nice. And this makes a great way to run the Torque app. :)

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
That's a huge endorsement right there ... still think this is a WAY better option than my set-up, my battery pooped in the android tablet and I'm currently screen-less.

·
Registered
87 Posts
-HD Radio (DAB+) dongle can be purchased with it. I was fortunate enough to have it thrown in for free, and yes its a major improvement over standard analog.

Cheers.
Cheers, it's Dual Climate control and all OEM climate control functions work perfectly. The 2 climate control cables plug into the back of the unit.

I got 5% off the price too (was in AUD), normal I think is $476 US
How did you get them to throw in extras and a 5% discount?

Also did your unit come with the rearview camera as standard or do you have to pay extra for that? I am very interested in knowing how well it works and how difficult it is to install? Does it come on automatically when you put car in reverse? Can you send screen picks of rearview cam?

You have got me so interested, but I definitely want to know what I am getting before dropping such big money. Also theire support staff seems to leave much to be desired of with english communication...

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts