Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great report. Very helpful.

What about XM radio?

I found much cheaper on Aliexpress. I believe that I want to stick with the physical controls for temp which will give easy access for passengers...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cho...for-Honda-Accord-7-2003-2007/32801943316.html

They have it here for only $250 and they include a free rearview camera. Anyone on here install this?
Can that really be the same unit for that price?

This appears to be the LH drive version based on the labels on the HVAC knobs.

Note that it is referred to as 10.1 instead of 10.2 and 8 core instead of Quad core.

Wonder if there is something similar in the US?

Android 9.0 Radio GPS Navigation System for 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 Honda Accord 7 With Bluetooth USB WIFI Support OBD2 DVR

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anyone else buy this unit. I want some more reviews before I pull the trigger on this. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hi I bought a unit that looks almost identical from Ali Express https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cho...for-Honda-Accord-7-2003-2007/32815552665.html for practically half the price and here are my thoughts.

Shipping was reasonably quick, I think I got it in a week and half (I thought it would take longer) and package came in pretty generic box.

Installation was pretty much plug and play so was fairly straightforward if you are handy enough (there are plenty of youtube videos online) and fitment was perfect. The only 2 issues with installation was A) all of the wires were labeled but most of them were just in chinese and not translated to English. I actually used the google translate app on my phone to scan the labels with the camera and translate them to english. I needed this to find the wire for the backup camera B) after plugging everything in and testing, I though the unit was complete DOA it did not power up at all. Then I noticed that it was missing the required fuse in the back of the unit, once I got the fuse it worked fine, just kind of frustrating that the fuse wasn't included (probably just an oversight on my unit)

With regards to operation everything is very good except I have a few complaints that are a bit annoying. I'll review them below.

OS - Even though this is an Android OS it is very locked down and not flexible. I.e you can't add widgets to the home screen, etc. I tried installing a launcher but it didn't work out well so I just live with the stock launcher

Radio - For me the AM radio quality took a MAJOR hit. I live in NYC and before the radio was perfectly clear and now the unit seems to pick up two stations at once and is very poor quality. So bad that I started just listening to internet radio on my commute

Sound - sound quality is perfect. I am not an audiophile and all of my equipment is stock but when I play my music from a flash drive it sounds great.

GPS - GPS is great, I use Waze and it works well. Once in a while the GPS goes a bit nutty and can't lock on to location but it only happened a few times and usually fixed itself within a few minutes

Bluetooth - Bluetooth calling works great and I can hear the caller fine and they can hear me well also the only gripe I have is that you can't do anything else on the device while on a call. Meaning you can't use it as a GPS and talk simultaneously which is pretty annoying in my opinion.

AC Controls - THIS IS MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT!! First of all the temperatures are only in Celsius and I have contacted the seller many times about this and they said they will try to make a firmware update to include Fahrenheit but I doubt this will happen any time soon. Additionally, at least on my unit, if I am using the device for other things i.e. Waze or Music then there is a huge delay in the display of the AC settings on the screen, so I can never know what setting it is on. I think this has to do with only 1GB of RAM in the device because it gets very laggy but it seems to be only with the AC controls that has the biggest lag and makes it practically impossible to deal with. Additionally the one thing I loved the most about my Accord was the "set it and forget it" AUTO setting and now that setting is very disappointing and half the time it puts the AC by my feet when I don't want it and the fan speed settings are not anywhere close to as pleasant on the AUTO mode previously. I have come to kind of figure out how to just give the knobs one or two turns knowing whether I want it colder or hotter, but I find it very difficult to actually get the AC display to show timely while I am driving and then when it does pop up I am probably not looking at the screen anymore....

Here are my ramblings... let me know if you have any more specific q's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the input. These are the exact things I was skeptical about. I might just have to get a double dinn and call it a day. Maybe one day we can get one that's just as good as the stock with all the features.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is an older thread. I am considering purchasing a Seicane for my wife's Christmas present. Her 2007 Accord runs great, but the electronics are a bit dated. I thought with this we could drive it another 10 years.

Seicane is now shipping up to Android 8.1. Does anyone have some first hand long term feedback regarding these Seicane units?

·
Accord Lover
5 Posts
Hey, I have mine installed yesterday. Works well but I should had bought a 2GB RAM and 8-Core CPU, Android is quite slow with 1G+4Q (tablet).

My steering wheel controls aren't working with this radio but they should, I don't know what the issue is, still trying to figure it out.

Also, Seicane support is really aweful, if you need something, you better know chinese so they can understand your issue.

Piece of advice: buy a sun-film protector, to negate any sun reflections. You can use one of those "10.1" universal films", they are quite cheap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seicane radio upgrade

I also have a 2007 Accord 2.4 4 cylinder VP. I installed 4 new speakers which upgraded the sound significantly from the original radio and am now considering getting one of these Seicane radios.
Can any of you above or new viewers give the plus and minuses of each of the Seicane radios and this other brand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, I have mine installed yesterday. Works well but I should had bought a 2GB RAM and 8-Core CPU, Android is quite slow with 1G+4Q (tablet).

My steering wheel controls aren't working with this radio but they should, I don't know what the issue is, still trying to figure it out.

Also, Seicane support is really aweful, if you need something, you better know chinese so they can understand your issue.

Piece of advice: buy a sun-film protector, to negate any sun reflections. You can use one of those "10.1" universal films", they are quite cheap
Did you figure out how to get the steering wheel controls to work? There should be two wires from your steering wheel coming to your radio harness (positive and ground). I have an 8th gen Accord, so I'm not sure if the harness are the same, but once you identify those wires, the positive goes to the Seicane "key 1" input, the ground cable from the steering wheel control goes to ground. Then, you can program the controls using the unit software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just bought one of the H221G model 8-core units. My car is left hand drive, but the unit came with the left temp. knob labeled passenger and right knob labeled driver. Anybody experience this? Their website only lists one model. My brother ordered it as a gift, so IDK if there was an option somewhere to select which one you want.
Is it possible to select which knob controls which side or do I have to get a different unit?
I e-mailed Seicane about it, waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Imma go with the bluetooth adapter on mines ive seen way to many reviews that its bad rather than good with bluetooth im happy and i can just use my note 8 for gps

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed one of these in my 03, has anyone had an issue with the climate controls not showing up on the screen when making adjustments? The controls all seem to function correctly, but they dont show up on the screen.

Also, there is about 1/4" gap between the top of the unit and the dash panel. Has anyone run into this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
On mine I had to go into the 'Factory Settings' and change the Canbus protocol on mine. I've included a link below that shows something similar to what you'll probably need to do. Once I selected the options as shown in the video my screen would display any changes I made using the HVAC system in a small popup screen.

I found a video on youtube but can't post it as I need to have more than 0 posts, apologies for not directly linking. Search for the following:

Video title: Accord- single zone climate control
Author: Lisa Pang
Published: Sep 6, 2017

While we're helping each other out I'm struggling with a different issue. I have a dual climate zone radio and received a conversion cable to use it in my single zone accord seventh gen. Everything works save for 2 things. The rear defroster won't kick on when I push the button and the front defogger won't set the 'mode motor' to blow air through the windshield vents (all other modes I select work). All buttons are illuminated for the HVAC when I press them, although there is a humming noise from the speakers when the HVAC fan is turned on.

I've seen people upload pictures of this conversion wire harness with Chinese characters on paper wrapped around one loose wire coming out of the radio connection side. Perhaps one of my wires there needs to be grounded or ran to an energy source? Any experiences with this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reviving this old thread hoping for some new reviews.

Got my '07 Accord last week and checking into how I can upgrade the radio to play my 70g of MP3s. Found some $250 adapters (with heater controls) for DIN head units.
But just today ran across some videos showing Seicane Android touch-screen units that look great. The price is only $208 for the 8.1 version, I'm stunned! They seem to work with the steering wheel audio controls and the dual zone climate controls. The built-in GPS seems to work well and there are two USB connectors on wires where I can plug in flash drives with my music.

Anyone installed one of these recently? Is it reliable, worth the money???
thanks, Randy

·
Registered
5 Posts
otch Alpine Type-R 6 1/2" components for the front and 6x9's for the rear deck powered by a 400RMS Pioneer amp:

-Alpine SPR-60C (110w RMS Peak 4ohms)

-Alpine SPR-69 (110W RMS Peak 4ohms)

-Pioneer GM-8604D
i'm looking at this same unit for my 2006 honda accord in Canada what can you say about seicane shipping overall experience - i have seen all the install videos seems pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i'm looking at this same unit for my 2006 honda accord in Canada what can you say about seicane shipping overall experience - i have seen all the install videos seems pretty straightforward.
I bought a Seicane head unit directly from Seicane for my 2007 Accord . In short, it was a nightmare. I am sure I would have said nothing, but good things if I had no issues with the unit. I did. None of the climate control information ever came up on the display. I tried endlessly to get help. It took 7 days just to get a reply to an email. I bought this using Paypal. Knowing I had 30 days to ask for a refund I watched closely. They drug their feet answering emails so much I got the impression they were trying to make my refund claim with Paypal timeout. I tried in vain for 30 days to resolve the issue when I applied for a refund. It took a while with Paypal. I had to ship the unit back to China at my expense ($80), but got my original purchase price back. Valuable lesson learned.

My review of the head unit would have been great had the controls worked. As stated the HVAC controls would not display on the screen and the reverse camera would not turn on when in reverse. Two Cons to the unit- The temperature control knobs seemed cheap and nothing like the OEM. Sort of stuck out as cheap. Also, there was an approximately 1/8" gap between the dashpad and the lower left and lower right of the Seicane bezel.

My recommendation would be to buy one of the units off Amazon so you have Amazon's return policy protecting you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank You SJ!

At this point I'm thinking I will try one of these units. It's impossible to know how many buyers are satisfied and didn't bother writing a review.
But I will take your advice and buy through Amazon (or ebay) using paypal.
If you get a good one it's an amazing device at a low price.
good luck
Randy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank You SJ!

At this point I'm thinking I will try one of these units. It's impossible to know how many buyers are satisfied and didn't bother writing a review.
But I will take your advice and buy through Amazon (or ebay) using paypal.
If you get a good one it's an amazing device at a low price.
good luck
Randy
All I can say from my experience it would be best walking in to this assuming you will have a problem with the unit. If you are like me you tend to think, "Oh, he was just unlucky. That would never happen to me". I can tell you as I researched my issue with Seicane on the internet I was far from the only one with a problem getting product issues resolved.

Before ordering think of what your recourse will be when you find out the product is defective. Although Paypal helped me out I was still out the shipping I paid at time of sale and shipping the defective unit back to China. Well over $100. Assume and be prepared for the worst. If all goes well you will have a big smile on your face. If not, you are at least prepared. I would recommend going through Amazon as I think you would get all your money back. And, much faster. I think my refund took 2 months to process and get money back to me. Read the Amazon return policy for 3rd party vendors.

These units are an amazing upgrade to your cars. As long as they work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks again for your advice!
I do understand human nature (somewhat). It's like the WWII bomber pilots who were told that 99 out of 100 wouldn't return and would look around and think "those poor SOBs".

Probably won't help you in Canada but there are some US dealers supposedly stocking these so return shipping should be reasonable.
I won't be getting one for a month or two but I will report my experiences here when I do.
Randy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Probably won't help you in Canada but there are some US dealers supposedly stocking these so return shipping should be reasonable.
I won't be getting one for a month or two but I will report my experiences here when I do.
Randy
Actually I am located in Nashville, TN. That said, having a dealer that will back up the product would be great. I could not find one back in late 2018 when I bought mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes sorry I confused your posts with the guy from Canada.

When I first looked at these a couple of months ago there was at least one US dealer. Can't remember whether he was ebay or amazon.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts