Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has done this or anything like it.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Sweet. Didn't even think to do a search first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I got a Secaine head unit and ever since i purchased it it had multiple issues one by one I have been fixing some but I have a problem with the dual climate system. Half of the buttons don't work and when I change the mode the a/c does not change direction. It would be greatly appreciated If someone could help me out its summer in Florida and its HAWT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello, I got a Secaine head unit and ever since i purchased it it had multiple issues one by one I have been fixing some but I have a problem with the dual climate system. Half of the buttons don't work and when I change the mode the a/c does not change direction. It would be greatly appreciated If someone could help me out its summer in Florida and its HAWT.
There is no doubt this is a great looking upgrade. I would only have liked them to made more effort to make the knobs and buttons and text on those to look more like OEM. With that said, issues like you are experiencing are a deal breaker for me. I was paranoid buying it from China. I bought one anyway and had issues right out of the box. I had paid with Paypal. I saw where I had a 30 day window to file to get my money back. I first tried to get help from Seicane. I would email and it would be 4-5 days before getting a response. It felt like they were dragging their feet to get past the 30 day refund window. On the 29th day I filed. It took a bit, but I got my money back minus shipping sending the unit back to China.

Sad. I still want one if it would actually work.... reliably.

·
Registered
1 Posts
having the same issue... any answers?

I just installed one of these in my 03, has anyone had an issue with the climate controls not showing up on the screen when making adjustments? The controls all seem to function correctly, but they dont show up on the screen.

Also, there is about 1/4" gap between the top of the unit and the dash panel. Has anyone run into this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
having the same issue... any answers?
I argued with them about it, ended up sending the unit back to them and they told me theyd pay the return shipping. I sent it back and they refunded me for the price of the unit. I argued with them for 2 months sending them screenshots of their "warranty" policy and emails in which they said they'd reimburse me for the return shipping. They finally did after about 20 emails back and fourth.

Do yourself a favor, send it back and save yourself the headaches. I ended up buying the PAC unit with a pioneer double din. The PAC fit well, but isn't without issues. The fan speed would randomly fluctuate with rpms (maybe a voltage thing?). But I was much happier with it.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I argued with them about it, ended up sending the unit back to them and they told me theyd pay the return shipping. I sent it back and they refunded me for the price of the unit. I argued with them for 2 months sending them screenshots of their "warranty" policy and emails in which they said they'd reimburse me for the return shipping. They finally did after about 20 emails back and fourth.

Do yourself a favor, send it back and save yourself the headaches. I ended up buying the PAC unit with a pioneer double din. The PAC fit well, but isn't without issues. The fan speed would randomly fluctuate with rpms (maybe a voltage thing?). But I was much happier with it.

Return it. That's what I did. There is a reason these aren't listed on Amazon. It is because if they were Seicane would have to abide by Amazon's return policy. I ended up sending mine all the way back to China. Lost the shipping money, but Paypal forced them return my purchase price.

I wish someone would take this thing and make it work and work reliably.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dang it. I've seen folks install a stereo in the open compartment below, but I don't want to lose that space. :unsure:
The PAC unit is decent. It works for what you need it to do. I'm not sure if this is the exact one, but its either this one or very similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The PAC unit is decent. It works for what you need it to do. I'm not sure if this is the exact one, but its either this one or very similar.

It does look good. Actually the controls look more OEM than the Seicane. In reading the reviews many report issues with the HVAC controls just like Seicane. I would want to read long term reviews. With that said, I would be interested in this unit as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put one in my 07 with single zone . The only thing I haven't got working yet is the rear defrost. But I have tried all the canbus settings yet. But most of the problem is the unit comes set to a wrong canbus for the car. Once you switch the settings the heater control works on the screen and you just set your steering wheel control to what you want it to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put one in my 07 with single zone . The only thing I haven't got working yet is the rear defrost. But I have tried all the canbus settings yet. But most of the problem is the unit comes set to a wrong canbus for the car. Once you switch the settings the heater control works on the screen and you just set your steering wheel control to what you want it to do.
I have the same problem. Also display is in degree C not F just as the picture above.
I went into the factory setting and tried different options under Honda Accord. Most don't work with my US Accord single zone AC. The 2 that work show Chinese characters and C instead of F for temp. Rear defogger also didn't work the day I needed it, which is rarely where I live.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@HSS
Your link isn’t working but I got mine from a seller on AliExpress for a great price.
Came from China to the US in days via DHL.
Just do your research on the seller, there are many, purchase from one with a good rating and you’ll be fine.

I just realized I was replying to a 3yr old message 🤡

I wired in a rear defrost switch and mounted it by on the moonroof panel. Gave up on the Celsius, I’m used to it at this point, it’s not like these cars maintain a temperature setting as a thermostat would in a home or high end car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just bought one of the H221G model 8-core units. My car is left hand drive, but the unit came with the left temp. knob labeled passenger and right knob labeled driver. Anybody experience this? Their website only lists one model. My brother ordered it as a gift, so IDK if there was an option somewhere to select which one you want.
Is it possible to select which knob controls which side or do I have to get a different unit?
I e-mailed Seicane about it, waiting on a reply.
Do you have a link for this? I need a unit with D on the right and P on the left

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I bought a unit that looks almost identical from Ali Express https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cho...for-Honda-Accord-7-2003-2007/32815552665.html for practically half the price and here are my thoughts.

Shipping was reasonably quick, I think I got it in a week and half (I thought it would take longer) and package came in pretty generic box.

Installation was pretty much plug and play so was fairly straightforward if you are handy enough (there are plenty of youtube videos online) and fitment was perfect. The only 2 issues with installation was A) all of the wires were labeled but most of them were just in chinese and not translated to English. I actually used the google translate app on my phone to scan the labels with the camera and translate them to english. I needed this to find the wire for the backup camera B) after plugging everything in and testing, I though the unit was complete DOA it did not power up at all. Then I noticed that it was missing the required fuse in the back of the unit, once I got the fuse it worked fine, just kind of frustrating that the fuse wasn't included (probably just an oversight on my unit)

With regards to operation everything is very good except I have a few complaints that are a bit annoying. I'll review them below.

OS - Even though this is an Android OS it is very locked down and not flexible. I.e you can't add widgets to the home screen, etc. I tried installing a launcher but it didn't work out well so I just live with the stock launcher

Radio - For me the AM radio quality took a MAJOR hit. I live in NYC and before the radio was perfectly clear and now the unit seems to pick up two stations at once and is very poor quality. So bad that I started just listening to internet radio on my commute

Sound - sound quality is perfect. I am not an audiophile and all of my equipment is stock but when I play my music from a flash drive it sounds great.

GPS - GPS is great, I use Waze and it works well. Once in a while the GPS goes a bit nutty and can't lock on to location but it only happened a few times and usually fixed itself within a few minutes

Bluetooth - Bluetooth calling works great and I can hear the caller fine and they can hear me well also the only gripe I have is that you can't do anything else on the device while on a call. Meaning you can't use it as a GPS and talk simultaneously which is pretty annoying in my opinion.

AC Controls - THIS IS MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT!! First of all the temperatures are only in Celsius and I have contacted the seller many times about this and they said they will try to make a firmware update to include Fahrenheit but I doubt this will happen any time soon. Additionally, at least on my unit, if I am using the device for other things i.e. Waze or Music then there is a huge delay in the display of the AC settings on the screen, so I can never know what setting it is on. I think this has to do with only 1GB of RAM in the device because it gets very laggy but it seems to be only with the AC controls that has the biggest lag and makes it practically impossible to deal with. Additionally the one thing I loved the most about my Accord was the "set it and forget it" AUTO setting and now that setting is very disappointing and half the time it puts the AC by my feet when I don't want it and the fan speed settings are not anywhere close to as pleasant on the AUTO mode previously. I have come to kind of figure out how to just give the knobs one or two turns knowing whether I want it colder or hotter, but I find it very difficult to actually get the AC display to show timely while I am driving and then when it does pop up I am probably not looking at the screen anymore....

Here are my ramblings... let me know if you have any more specific q's
This is an Old post, but for the Sake of newbies buying this unit I bought the ALLWINNER T3 off eBay. Same issues. For the Farenheit, I bought a better APP. Farenheit and MPH work great not. Temprature Controls on the other hand are a different matter. With the original App, the MODE button sometimes brought up a gui to tell me what mode I was in and whether the A/C was on or not. With the new App, Car Launcher Pro., it doesn't come up at all. The rest of the unit is great. Also, turning on the Rear Defroster doesn't seem to work.

Maybe an old post. I just installed the same unit. Buttons don't work well. I don't touch the Mode button. My rear defroster doesn't work either. I Press A/C on and wait for it to get cold, or wait until I get to a stop and listen for the Air Compressor to kick in. MODE doesn't work. Does not bring up the GUI.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts