Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

741 - 753 of 753 Posts

·
Past Doritos Spinner
3,996 Posts
Let's see how long these mats stay clean. With all the snow and mud it won't be clean for too long.

As for the cluster, I am inclined to think it's similar to my 8th Gen and old Corolla: tilt down the steering wheel, remove the plastic frame, unscrew some screws, disconnect some connectors and it should be out easily. Had to replace the bulbs in my old Corolla's gauge cluster, as well as the lens cover in my 8th Gen and both were straightforward.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️🤙💪😊
48 Posts
Ok.. lol My drivers side back door lock does the same. Kind of good since I still haven't made a duplicate key.. had the blanks for a valet key just sitting for months. Aloha

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
Let's see how long these mats stay clean. With all the snow and mud it won't be clean for too long.
Since they're rubber they at least won't let all that nasty soak through into the carpet, which was my biggest concern with the carpet mats. And I can just take them to the car wash and rinse them off, instead of having to scrub them like the old ones :) Not to mention they were a much cheaper option than WeatherTechs (just the 1st row set is $109, not including shipping), which I was contemplating before finding these.

Also, I need to shampoo the passenger side carpet again >.>

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #744
I fixed Selene's front speakers today. Both had stopped working due to corrosion where the wires were spliced together. Just using tape for now. I'll solder them when I get a chance in spring. It's about to start raining, so I had to do it quickly.

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
I fixed Selene's front speakers today. Both had stopped working due to corrosion where the wires were spliced together. Just using tape for now. I'll solder them when I get a chance in spring. It's about to start raining, so I had to do it quickly.
View attachment 517883
Maybe that's what's wrong with Dirty Girl's front speakers as well? The fronts just cut in and out like yours were doing.

The back speakers are just simply blown out

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
Maybe that's what's wrong with Dirty Girl's front speakers as well? The fronts just cut in and out like yours were doing.
For the passenger side, the butt connectors I had used were still very tightly clamped on to each wire where they're spliced together, but the stripped ends of the wires were corroded thus not letting anything through. So for the time being, I stripped a little back on each wire, twisted them together, then taped them closed with a few separate pieces of tape.

The driver's side was actually a different issue: the negative wire's connector had come off, causing corrosion at the connector for the positive wire. So I took some sandpaper to the contact where you slip the connector on, used a little electronics cleaning spray, then put both back on and taped the wire onto the back of the speaker a bit, in case they got loose again. The driver's side is already soldered and shrink wrapped so there was no corrosion at the splicing.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
If you are going to use butt connectors, then use the type that have shrink tubing included. They are completely weather proof. There is nothing wrong with butt connectors, but anything that allows water into the connection will corrode and stop working. Here is a link to the connectors I am talking about. I know they are on Amazon as well, you can get these locally at big parts stores.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
If you are going to use butt connectors, then use the type that have shrink tubing included.
When it gets warmer I'll go to my dad's and do it there. He already has them. I don't have a way to shrink the shrink wrap here at my place (remember I have to park on the street), which is why I have to wait.

·
Super Moderator
5,571 Posts
There's always a random shopping center parking lot and a lighter for heat shrink to get that work done.

I've done it before, and obody bothered me (I thought I was going to be approached by police / security for "breaking into a car", lol).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #750
Decided to take the FWD sleigh out for a drive in the first snow of 2020 lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #751
Oops lmao

Just for reference, Selene has one key for the locks and one for the ignition. This is the lock key lol. It broke immediately after unlocking the door this morning. So no transponder programming required. Off to the dealership...

Only $4.67 to replace it at the dealership. They had keys without transponder chips, that were cheaper than cutting and not programming a chipped key. I was in and out in 10 minutes.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #752
A friend found these at a pick and pull for me, a full set of OEM faux wood grain power window switches! They look so nice, and they match my center console. Now I just have to find the radio trim.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

741 - 753 of 753 Posts