Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

781 - 800 of 822 Posts

·
one wheel drive
837 Posts
Ya know I wondered what you'd find under there knowing where you drive but I kept my mouth shut! I actually got mine apart and back together and it looked similar. A cleanup, good dose of high temp RTV on the flanges, and new hardware has been working and passing inspections for a few years FWIW.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
I plan on keeping this car as long as possible, so new parts are in order. I could just have them cut the cat off and weld in a new one, but ehhhh, that's not my style. Plus I'm getting an actual exhaust tip for the car, so why not order a new exhaust anyway?

Here are photos of all the OEM accessories I'm getting. I paid $200 for it all, shipped. The boxed item is a gold trunk trim piece. The third item is an insert for the center console storage pocket; it holds CDs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️🤙💪😊
129 Posts
Still good! Looks like mine. lol You got road salt, I got ocean salt. Live Salty, just don't BE Salty. haha 😉 Wow.. at least your sway bar bracket looks good. That's next for Me. Replacing all the bushings. But My brackets have, what I like to call a "patina".. Good luck!

Aloha ❤🤙💪😊

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #784
While up on the lift I did notice the subframe and other components are looking good with minimal surface rust. The exhaust was most likely affected due to the repeated heating/cooling process + salt.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #786
Selene got her alloy wheels and summer tires swapped on today. While it was snowing. In May. And new center caps! I bought them a few months ago.

Drove over 200 miles today and the CEL didn't come on for the cat. Seems like it only comes on when it's daily driven and being heated up repeatedly.

Waiting on replacing exhast until Atreyu's suspension work is done and he's off to the restoration shop.

·
Bout it, Bout it
822 Posts
Selene got her alloy wheels and summer tires swapped on today. While it was snowing. In May. And new center caps! I bought them a few months ago.

Drove over 200 miles today and the CEL didn't come on for the cat. Seems like it only comes on when it's daily driven and being heated up repeatedly.

Waiting on replacing exhast until Atreyu's suspension work is done and he's off to the restoration shop.

Funny seeing a gas pump. I'm pretty sure my Accord's had the same tank of gas since early March lol

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #788
I just ran this tank out today, I last filled it up on March 13th.

·
Super Moderator
5,630 Posts
She's still looking good @enne !

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: enne

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
Whoops. Sprung another coolant leak today after driving for about half an hour. Luckily it happened in front of my house, like usual. Not sure exactly where it's leaking from but only this one (fairly new) coolant hose is wet. Didn't go into the red. But she was hissing and smoking when I turned the car off.

·
Bout it, Bout it
822 Posts
Check the heater hose under the dizzy. I think you posted about replacing the dizzy o-ring once but leaking oil wreaks havoc on that hose.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Quite a few hoses in that area. Plus sensors and thermostat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
The engine to heater control valve hose had a pinhole in it, so they replaced that. He said there's another heater hose in that area (it wasn't leaking or anything), but they couldn't get it without waiting multiple days to order it in, so they said if I want to order it myself and bring the car in later, they can replace that one for preventative maintenance.

The hose was $33 from Napa, about 45 minutes labor ($77), and $12 for coolant.

Reactions: greg1c

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #794
Accord buddies! Total random chance another CG6 showed up to the car meet, with the same hood bra and trunk lip spoiler! The guy was really cool and loves his stock Accord just the way it is. 119k on his, 5 speed.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #795
Couple of weeks ago, I started hearing a low grinding sound from the front right. Turned into a higher pitched howling after about two days, and I knew the wheel bearing was going in the front right. I dropped her off at the shop today and they found play in that side. I'm having them replace both fronts, which are press-in type bearings.

I can do the rears myself at a later date, because they're bolt-on hub assemblies, and they're impossible to screw up. The fronts, not so much.

Hoping this is the last repair she needs for a little while, because I'm about to buy a nice little house, with a huge oversized 2 car garage...

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #796
Back in February, one day I was coming home from work and I could have sworn I was smelling burnt toast coming from the engine bay. I thought, well there's no way there's actually bread in there, but what could be burning and making that smell?! Not too much longer after that we started working remotely all the time so I didn't drive the car much and forgot about it.

Guess what I found next to the exhaust manifold today, burnt on one side?

Reactions: mtts60

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #798
Rolled over 176k this week. Still running good.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
Her weird intermittent brake warning light thing is back. Parking brake isn't on, the brake itself has been checked, brake fluid isn't low, and this time taking the reservoir cap off didn't turn the light off.

I hear a very faint hissing sound when I press the brake pedal occasionally. So maybe the light is on because it has finally noticed a vacuum leak? I'm not sure. It brakes just fine, I've tested it quite a bit just to make sure. Sometimes when I test the brakes this way, the light goes off for a moment, then comes back on.

I know there was a recall for the cap but I haven't had time to apply a fix. After I move I'll probably have time...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The light only comes on for 3 reasons.

1. Parking brake on
2. Differential in pressure between the front and the rear brake circuits
3. Low fluid via the sensor in the lid.

As there is that TSB, I would modify the cap and it should go away. I bet if you just take the brake cap off and put it back on it will clear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

781 - 800 of 822 Posts