Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VIK
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, So i have had my car for just about over 2 years now and am going to hit 40,000 miles this month. So far i have got both my front and rear brakes replaced and routine oil changes. I was told by the dealer that i only need major services done when the wrench comes on. I'm wondering if i should have any fluids flushed? I thought automatic trans fluid and brake fluid should get flushed? Thnks!

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
You should do 4 drain and fills after say 250 Mile interval. Its better than doing a flush and safer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Most people on this forum recommend the ATF fluid to be drain and filled 3 times at 30 K miles. The brake and power steering fluid should also be changed at that point.

·
6,322 Posts
Hey, So i have had my car for just about over 2 years now and am going to hit 40,000 miles this month. So far i have got both my front and rear brakes replaced and routine oil changes. I was told by the dealer that i only need major services done when the wrench comes on. I'm wondering if i should have any fluids flushed? I thought automatic trans fluid and brake fluid should get flushed? Thnks!
You should do 4 drain and fills after say 250 Mile interval. Its better than doing a flush and safer.
Most people on this forum recommend the ATF fluid to be drain and filled 3 times at 30 K miles. The brake and power steering fluid should also be changed at that point.
I agree with everything above except for the p.s. fluid. That can last a very long time. You can diy and use the turkey baster method to draw some out and fill with new Honda fluid down the road. Much better than paying $99. This info is from the service mgr at the Honda dealer, Fredsvt(works on these cars for a living), and the owners manual.

So, brake and atf: YES

Air and cabin filters: YES

Rotate tires.

That's about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts