Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a B1 service today. Even though this service only involved an oil & filter change, wheel rotation, and several inspection items, I found the experience really pleasing.

The best part is KNOWING, NOT HOPING, that all the required items were actually performed. I have taken cars to dealers before and guess what? They overfilled the oil, did not change the filter, didn't rotate the tires, and it took them 7 hours to do it.

Today, I serviced my car the way it should to be: synthetic oil, new filter, wheels rotated AND PROPERLY TORQUED to 80 ft lbs, inspection items meticulously completed and service book signed off, with accompanying receipts of course.

You would think you could trust a dealer or mechanic to perform such a simple service per maintenance instructions, especially with the silly prices they charge. But based on my experience, no one will take care of your care like you will.

Generally speaking, I have found service managers to be no more than bacon-faced applejohns who cannot understand the concept of doings the things I pay them for and making it right when they don't.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same

WE're on the same boat, I did my B12 today myself, and yes its rewarding,
and the feeling of doing things yourself gives you that sense of great accomplishement, well me anyways...

saved myself nearly 400$$$....

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
how do u find out what the service numbers and letter represent? I saw those codes on my car before but I dunno what services were supposed to be done.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You would think you could trust a dealer or mechanic to perform such a simple service per maintenance instructions, especially with the silly prices they charge. But based on my experience, no one will take care of your care like you will.
:yes:

·
Electro-Motive
462 Posts
how do u find out what the service numbers and letter represent? I saw those codes on my car before but I dunno what services were supposed to be done.
Owners Manual.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just did a B1 service today. Even though this service only involved an oil & filter change, wheel rotation, and several inspection items, I found the experience really pleasing.

The best part is KNOWING, NOT HOPING, that all the required items were actually performed. I have taken cars to dealers before and guess what? They overfilled the oil, did not change the filter, didn't rotate the tires, and it took them 7 hours to do it.

Today, I serviced my car the way it should to be: synthetic oil, new filter, wheels rotated AND PROPERLY TORQUED to 80 ft lbs, inspection items meticulously completed and service book signed off, with accompanying receipts of course.

Generally speaking, I have found service managers to be no more than bacon-faced applejohns who cannot understand the concept of doings the things I pay them for and making it right when they don't.

+1 on using synthetic oil.

Good for you! I plan on doing just like you once it is time for my next oil change.

Most shops, even dealerships, it is hard to trust them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts