Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Shifter Bushings

5K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  ezshift5 
#1 ·
Ok so I installed a ct short shifter, which is really worth the money in my opinion. I also bought Torque Solutions shifter bushings but here is the hold up: Where the heck do these things go? Do they mount on the transmission?

I thought they installed on the shifter itself haha but when I installed the short shifter I could tell they did not... Could I get some info on where they belong?
:thmsup:

Thanks Josh

#2 ·
#4 ·
I got em too! They were real easy to install.
Couple tips:
-Don't be lazy, take out the battery. It'll make it a HELL of a lot easier.
-Spray the bushings with WD-40 or somethin before you try to pry them out.
-Be careful you don't bend the rod on the end of the shifter cable...

#5 ·
Yeah be very careful! I must have bent mine when I installed my corsports and it drove fine for awhile but outta no where a few weeks ago the rod at the end broke and I had to replace both shifter cables! Not really and easy job, not to mention honda wanted almost $250 dollars for new cables!

#6 ·
Ouch, now you got me worried! I got the bushing on, but I had to hammer it on so now the top of the beautifully molded bushing looks like hell! lol. And to put the icing on the cake, when I was putting the E clip on the top of the bushing, my hand slipped and it slid somewhere in the engine bay, never to be seen again. But I found a snap ring the same size and thats been holdin fine.

#8 ·
So after over an hour of playing with them, I realized they were just not the right bushings... I was really mad a little while ago but I will just machine them to fit. Luckily the problems with fitting are excess material.

#10 ·
Ha, I ordered them from throwdown, from my year and model. So idk what the part number was or anything.

#12 ·
I would be more worried about it if they were too small to fit but I can fix this. It could be a manufacturing error with the bushings themselves too.

They are close but with this hard of a plastic close doesn't work well.

The smaller bushing is 2.5mm in diameter too wide and 1.5mm too tall. The larger is perfect except the hole for the pin is 1.5mm too small to go onto the fitting.

#14 ·
I got no idea.

Like the 6M. Like the way GM goo made my 3rd gear shift hesitation vanish 27,000 ago. Like the idea of better bushings making shifting even better..........

Can't say I like the feedback/trouble associated with installation within these forums..................

OTOH, If you enjoy the work......................

ez....

#15 ·
It really isn't hard AT ALL. Seriously, If I would have done it right it would have been a piece of cake. But I was lazy and didn't feel like takin the battery out and havin to type in the radio code again. I think they were well worth the money, they feel great on the car. Just the right amount of notchness.

And I was sayin I got no idea to why his bushings are apparently the wrong ones. I ordered mine from Throwdown in the GB and mine were perfect. That bein said, talk to him, maybe there was a shipping error. Shit happens.

#16 ·
Yeah, had they been the right bushings, I would have been done in under 30 minutes. Easy...

#17 ·
Yeah, had they been the right bushings, I would have been done in under 30 minutes. Easy...
Win a few - - lose a few, hombre......(You certainly won on your choice of transmission goo - - - after 27,000 miles of GMSFM - - - - not one 3rd gear shift glitch - not one).

Your car should grow on you. Mine did.

ez sends.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.