Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long time lurker, 1st time poster. :)

I have about 1300 miles on my 2010 sedan ex-l v6 a/t, I've noticed this sound, when I go from R to D, usually happens, say, as I'm backing out of a parking spot. Here's what I do: I put it in Reverse, back out, come to a full stop, shift to Drive, as I step on gas and the car slowly starts to accelerate, I can hear this "clunk" sound from the bottom of the car.

It's not loud, but it is there. It's not causing any problem, but was just wondering if anyone else had any input, before I take it to the dealer.

thx.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi guys, long time lurker, 1st time poster. :)

I have about 1300 miles on my 2010 sedan ex-l v6 a/t, I've noticed this sound, when I go from R to D, usually happens, say, as I'm backing out of a parking spot. Here's what I do: I put it in Reverse, back out, come to a full stop, shift to Drive, as I step on gas and the car slowly starts to accelerate, I can hear this "clunk" sound from the bottom of the car.

It's not loud, but it is there. It's not causing any problem, but was just wondering if anyone else had any input, before I take it to the dealer.

thx.
I don't know if this is what you're describing.
http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=10
Why do my brakes make a single "click" noise when I back out of a parking place and once again when I drive forward?
A clearance between the brake caliper brackets and the ends of the brake pads allows for heat expansion and avoids corrosion between the caliper bracket and the brake pads. That clearance can cause the pads to hit the caliper brackets when you first apply the brakes in a new directions of travel. When you back up and apply the brakes and then drive forward and apply the brakes, the single "click" noise you hear is a normal characteristic of the brake system.

·
out of control
2,302 Posts
I don't know if this is what you're describing.
http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=10
Why do my brakes make a single "click" noise when I back out of a parking place and once again when I drive forward?
A clearance between the brake caliper brackets and the ends of the brake pads allows for heat expansion and avoids corrosion between the caliper bracket and the brake pads. That clearance can cause the pads to hit the caliper brackets when you first apply the brakes in a new directions of travel. When you back up and apply the brakes and then drive forward and apply the brakes, the single "click" noise you hear is a normal characteristic of the brake system.

Nice find! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
No sweat Prime9. I had the same reaction as you when car was brand new.
I remember a Ford SHO I had and it did the same noise when going from reverse to drive.
I think it is a characteristic of most front wheel drive cars.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
just the chipmunks that the technicians put in the transmissions they install over at the ohio assembly lines. no worries... just dont forget to feed them :biggrin: lol nah its normal. if your still worried get a second opinion... your covered under warranty.

Happy driving :thmsup: enjoy the new car

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah my car does the same, so its normal. Maybe try to stop all the way to a full stop then shift the car to drive, thats how i avoid making that noise occur again! :thmsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanks for the info guys, and avs thanks for finding that link! It pretty much describes what I'm hearing - just a single "click"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts