Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about having the "Chrome" lips on both the Front and Rear Bumpers painted.

I know for sure I will paint the rear chrome lip in Modern Steel Metallic to go with the rest of the car and the already painted Reflector Housing but, I am split on doing the front in Black or MSM as well.

What do you guys think? Black in the front, MSM or keep it Chrome?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
My car is the same color and if I were painting I'd probably go MSM at both ends or black at both ends to maintain some continuity. Why not set up one of those polls in your post and let folks vote to help you decide?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I am going to paint both of the panels you are talking about *** to match my car, but I'll leave the chrome strips as they are. The chrome is not so in your face on white like it is on darker colors and I like a little chrome down low to accent the chrome in the grill and the chrome strip on the back. These chrome strips you are talking about actually drew me to the Accord because they are so different from most cars.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
If you're doing one, do both so it matches.

Personally I wouldn't spend the extra money to paint the chrome. It won't add value to the car (except appearance of course), and the paint may chip since the chrome isn't meant to be painted.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have been thinking about having the "Chrome" lips on both the Front and Rear Bumpers painted.

I know for sure I will paint the rear chrome lip in Modern Steel Metallic to go with the rest of the car and the already painted Reflector Housing but, I am split on doing the front in Black or MSM as well.

What do you guys think? Black in the front, MSM or keep it Chrome?
NO, No, No, :thumbsdowPainting=tacky. The chrome trim enhances the look.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Don't particularly like the look but can see the theme the owner is going for with the black/white/red combinations. Glad you rebadged the rear as it looks much cleaner that way. Is that exhaust tip painted black also?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Not my style either, but it is a nice clean look. It is always nice to see what people do to their cars and yours is tastefully done. The only thing I would change is the "H" in the grill. The red stands out too much. I wonder what it would look like with the ring chrome and the "H" red or the ring red and the "H" chrome. That would soften the effect a little.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Not my style either, but it is a nice clean look. It is always nice to see what people do to their cars and yours is tastefully done. The only thing I would change is the "H" in the grill. The red stands out too much. I wonder what it would look like with the ring chrome and the "H" red or the ring red and the "H" chrome. That would soften the effect a little.
The RED H is all about The HUSKERS, here in Nebraska everyone gets it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Don't particularly like the look but can see the theme the owner is going for with the black/white/red combinations. Glad you rebadged the rear as it looks much cleaner that way. Is that exhaust tip painted black also?
Yes, also the Mirror bracket & Fog Lights.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Can try vinyl wrap. If you dont like the look after, you can peel it off.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Funny how entry level cars traditionally have black door handles, mirrors, etc to distinguish them from the higher end models especially on Japanese cars for many years. I don't see where the black trim adds anything but that is a matter of taste. It really boils down to whether you like chrome or black. Remember in the '80s, people would take an S class and white everything out even the wheels and add a body kit? I saw many like that in SoCal when I lived there. Chromed alloys were becoming big at that time too.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Don't they have a white plasti-dip? Maybe try it with some glossifier or something on top to see how it matches. I can't imagine having the handles painted would be that much, but haven't check. You only have 2...so that helps lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
looks ballin imo.
just have 4 doors on mine. debadging looks clean too, may do that before they xzilon my car....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts