Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want ivory leather and it's only available on red, hematite, black or white. White's out, my other car's white. I know what black looks like and the dealers only seem to have black white or silver round here so far...Pics please? These catalog swatches don't help!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you live in Canada?

As far as I know Hematite Gray is only available with the black interior in the US

I looked at a 2013 Hematite EX-L today, nice and clean! Hematite and Modern Steel are my two favorite colors on the Accord.

·
5 Speed CVT
148 Posts
well i want Black interior :paranoid: my Frost pearl doesn't come with black interior...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Go to the dealer.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, thanks!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to the dealer.
Thanks genius, I didn't think of that! What would i do without you? The world needs more trolls, keep posting useless banter. For anyone of a similar level of intelligence the vh2k, I'll offer that I've been to 4 dealers within 50 miles of my house, none of which have basque red in stock. The hematite i saw was on a cloudy, rainy day, would love a sun shot of both. Around here there's only 4 or 5 14's on any given lot.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Basque Red is a more consistent hue on any given day, the Hematite changes from a grey dominant hue under low light conditions and to a more green dominate hue under very sunny days. Pictures won't do it justice because of this instability, so definitely see one in person to make a definite choice. If you want a lot of attention then go with the Basque Red, if not, then go with the Hematite. I personally don't regret the colour choice I made, it is one of the top five things I love about my Accord.:thmsup:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I really wish they didn't un-sticky the 9th gen pics thread. Now we got pics threads everywhere. ?!?!?

Anyways. I agree with post above. Hematite is a extremely difficult color to take a picture of. It looks REALLY green in pics. Almost poopy green. In person its much darker 90% of the time, and only in direct sunlight is green dominant.

I actually hated the color originally. The Woman loved it and choose it. I only hated it because I really wanted Grey or white on black - so maybe I was being childish :) But the Grey had too much purple in it for the woman's taste, and white was like a unicorn because I couldn't get it. Hematite is actually a really rich looking color, and while its still growing on me personally, I constantly get compliments on it. So far its a very easy color to maintain. Hides dirt well, and is very shiny - much shinier then my previous PMM Accord or other grey cars I have had. Lots of metallic too.

mine is half way down this page

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1510458&highlight=zaino#post1510458

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was torn between black and Basque red. I though the Red on the Sport went well with the car. Somehow, I feel like my rims have more of a Matt finish to them then shiny which goes well with the car, giving it a darker look. It has been a fairly easier color to maintain as well. With the tints it looks even better.

The pics are attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
So far its a very easy color to maintain. Hides dirt well, and is very shiny - much shinier then my previous PMM Accord or other grey cars I have had. Lots of metallic too.
I'll have to semi disagree with you on that, this car I would have to wash every 5 days, dust/dirt builds up really quick, especially where I live. Once it's nicely washed, the metallic really pops out and love it! No regrets on this color at all.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found black/ivory on the lot and slapped the sold sign on it. Only basque red i found was on a sport, and it was so dirty I couldn't tell what color it was. I'll just have to appreciate the red on the road when i see a clean one one day!

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
I parked next to Hematite yesterday. It was pretty sunny, around noon. That car looked gray, so much so that I thought it was MSM initially. In fact, my son almost tried to get into that car. However, when I compared it side by side with my MSM, you could tell clearly it was dark green. Not sure if I like it, but an interesting color.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts