Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

321 - 340 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

Put in the 5mm spacers in the back, end result =

Refresher, 19x9.5 et35 with 265/35 Indy 500 tires. And of course 5mm spacer on the rear only.

No rubbing on the fender. D2 springs are soft and there's so rubbing on the liner. I'm going to switch to coilovers shortly to fix that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I just got a new (white) Honda Accord hybrid, it looks 95% the same as a sport. (except wheels and exhaust and maybe some minor stuff) Honda wants $2,700+ for their cool looking 19" wheels without tires!!! I was like no thanks!!

I was looking at these Momo Quantum wheels that look pretty cool and wondering how they would look on my car. Problem is they are only available in 18" max size in black, which is what I want, but in matt anthracite they seem to have 19" and 20". I couldnt find a picture of them on a Honda, so heres a pic on a lexus :)
I noticed it's available in 19" and 20" What do you think about the wheels?

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
225 Posts
I think they look pretty good! I'm running 255/45-18's with stock wheel gap. Hit a pretty big pothole today with sharp edges at about 45 mph - was glad I wasn't running 19 or 20" with low profile tires... YMMV

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think they look pretty good! I'm running 255/45-18's with stock wheel gap. Hit a pretty big pothole today with sharp edges at about 45 mph - was glad I wasn't running 19 or 20" with low profile tires... YMMV

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering the difference between the ride from 18" to 19" to 20" wheels. I know the bigger wheel (less tire) you get less quality, but does a 20" wheel ride like crap? Is it worth the good looks?

·
Registered
285 Posts
If its worth it ,, is going to be up to you. The stock sport wheels didnt ride like crap IMO. So when i chose my wheels i got the same size 19's just a different offset and got the same size tires too, but im sure many will say its true the skinnier the tire the more harsh the ride feel. Ill also tell ya that if your looking for people to tell you yay or nay on a set of rims...DONT DO IT. If you like something then go with it. Originality is the name of the game. Opinions are a nice thing to get but not everybody wants to give it. I think what you showed looks nice, but what they would look like on an accord. Well now your gonna have to buy them in whatever size you want and post pics... You will get more thumbs up that way...

Reactions: Scooby and Samuelx

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
225 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am wondering the difference between the ride from 18" to 19" to 20" wheels. I know the bigger wheel (less tire) you get less quality, but does a 20" wheel ride like crap? Is it worth the good looks?
What MD said. Personal preference and perception. I like the looks of larger wheels and lower profile tires but I definitely don't prefer wheels that stick out more than the tire sidewall and these days, I'm more about function (specifically for my needs/wants/tastes) than looks (which is also subjective - how big is too big, how low is too low, how much gap is too much gap, etc). Do a little research on pros/cons of your choices and then make it your own! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey guys, I just got a new (white) Honda Accord hybrid, it looks 95% the same as a sport. (except wheels and exhaust and maybe some minor stuff) Honda wants $2,700+ for their cool looking 19" wheels without tires!!! I was like no thanks!!

I was looking at these Momo Quantum wheels that look pretty cool and wondering how they would look on my car. Problem is they are only available in 18" max size in black, which is what I want, but in matt anthracite they seem to have 19" and 20". I couldnt find a picture of them on a Honda, so heres a pic on a lexus :) View attachment 524223 I noticed it's available in 19" and 20" What do you think about the wheels? View attachment 524222
Which 19" Honda wheels do you want? College Hills Honda has the Glint Black ones for $376/each, the chrome ones for $421/each, and the fancy ones with the inserts for about $450/each (including inserts). That's significantly cheaper than the $2700 your local dealer wants...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which 19" Honda wheels do you want? College Hills Honda has the Glint Black ones for $376/each, the chrome ones for $421/each, and the fancy ones with the inserts for about $450/each (including inserts). That's significantly cheaper than the $2700 your local dealer wants...
Hey guys, I appreciate your help for sure! I ordered a set of 19x8 Type R wheels (replica wheel) but hey they were $695 for all 4. I found a picture of a 10th gen Accord that had a similar wheel and carried the red stripe over to the car to match the wheels. I think it looks super cool. I may try to do the same to my car, but mine is white! Hinda type r wheel.png
Honda red stripe.png Hinda type r wheel.png

Honda is smoking crack with the prices of their wheels!! Even at the better price you found they are still $1,800 for just the wheels. I found another wheel that I liked and if I dont like the typr r wheels I will get these instead. But they are like $950 for all 4!! I personally think they are better looking than the Honda wheel, here's the Liquid Metal "splice" wheel (on left) and the Honda wheel (right) I'm talking about Liquide metal splice.png Honda wheel.png

·
Registered
354 Posts
Honda is smoking crack with the prices of their wheels!! Even at the better price you found they are still $1,800 for just the wheels.
Yes, Honda charges a premium for most of their accessory wheels- especially 19" ones. If you browse around, you can find cheaper Honda OEM wheels in smaller sizes for less money. There are a few optional wheels designed for the Civic that are decent looking and are available online for like $250/each.

I'm debating if it would be smart for me to get a winter tire/wheel package for my Accord. Given the reviews for the 19" OEM wheel/tires, I know it's probably necessary down the line- but I'm working from home due to the pandemic- and who knows how long that will last. I'd hate to pay a bunch of money for a winter wheel/tire setup just to have the car sit in the garage all winter. My employer has no end-date for having us work from home... so who knows.

It just means that my Accord will be super-low mileage for a few more months. As of now, my 2019 only has about 2000 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm a new 10th gen owner, purchased the touring and want to change the wheels, but I have never done that on any car before. Hopefully someone here can help me with offset.

From this post I've gathered that the stock 19" wheels have 50mm offset.

The wheels I'm looking to get are the TSW Chicane They come in a 19x8.5 size, compatible bolt pattern, and load rating looks fine. However the most offset they come in is 40mm for the size I would need.

Would I just need a 10mm spacer to make up the difference? or do I have that wrong?

Here is a quick photoshop of the Chicane wheels on my car.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The higher the + number the more its under your fender. As the number gets lower it scoots out. So a +40 ET will move your wheel outward 10mm but it will still be in your wheel well. Getting a 10mm spacer will make your +40 offset a +30, which will be 20mm further out and more than likely make your rim flush with the wheel well. I hope this helps. So getting a 19x8.5 +40ET will work for your car and frankly if you didnt know anything about wheels would still look normal. Oh thats what i run as well, let me add that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The higher the + number the more its under your fender. As the number gets lower it scoots out. So a +40 ET will move your wheel outward 10mm but it will still be in your wheel well. Getting a 10mm spacer will make your +40 offset a +30, which will be 20mm further out and more than likely make your rim flush with the wheel well. I hope this helps. So getting a 19x8.5 +40ET will work for your car and frankly if you didnt know anything about wheels would still look normal. Oh thats what i run as well, let me add that.
I think I follow. So the TSW Chicane wheels will stick out 10mm further than the stock wheels, but that extra 10mm wont cause them to stick out past the body work because the stock rims aren't flush to begin with?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes and NO... The TSW will stick out further than your stock wheels, but if you use a spacer with those TSW wheels it will stick out even further by that extra 10mm

With positive ET the higher the number the more it goes inward to your suspension. The lower the positive ET the further away it moves from your suspension. So 50 is inward 40 moves out, 30 moves out, 20 moves out and so on. Once you get to negative ET the wheels poke out past your fender. I didnt get a chance to look at the rim style so i dont want to mislead you and say at 30mm they wont stick out passed the fender.

Reactions: Ukfan3108

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes and NO... The TSW will stick out further than your stock wheels, but if you use a spacer with those TSW wheels it will stick out even further by that extra 10mm
I'm a bit confused because I didn't think the stock wheels sat 50mm inside the fender. I was thinking the 50mm offset was from the center of the wheel (looking from the front or back of the car), to where the lugnuts mounted. I'll have to take a closer look at the stock wheels once I pick it up from the detail shop tomorrow (window/PPF/ceramic).

What offset are your wheels?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Noooooo. Ok you are correct in the definition in retrospect to your stock wheel. 50ET is where the center of your wheel is going toward the back of the rim. As your ET gets lower the center of your wheel is closer to the back of the wheel. So the closer the center of your wheel is to the back, when you mount it it will stick out further, because it doesnt have far to go to mount. The higher your number is. It goes in further to mount it, which is why it sits inside your fender well. Also let me state that i use the back of the rim because some rims have lips, and some dont.

So to sum it up. An ET 50 wheel, (says sits in the middle of the rim barrel. A 40ET will have the center moved inward in the rim barrel.(closer to the back) and if you ad a spacer it makes it even closer to the back of the barrel. If 50 is your baseline,(center of the wheel) the lower the number the more the center of the wheel is inward from the center.

Reactions: Ukfan3108

·
Registered
17 Posts
Noooooo. Ok you are correct in the definition in retrospect to your stock wheel. 50ET is where the center of your wheel is going toward the back of the rim. As your ET gets lower the center of your wheel is closer to the back of the wheel. So the closer the center of your wheel is to the back, when you mount it it will stick out further, because it doesnt have far to go to mount. The higher your number is. It goes in further to mount it, which is why it sits inside your fender well. Also let me state that i use the back of the rim because some rims have lips, and some dont.
I think I got it now. I'll have to check to see how flush the stock wheels are since the new set will push out 10mm further (assuming they take the measurement from the same spot).

I'm guess the answer is no, but is there a negative spacer?

·
Registered
285 Posts
LOL not that i know of. Honestly we are talking MM.. so its not super noticeable unless you go extreme. Going from a 50 to a 40 is not alot in retrospect. It will still look stock. I run 19 ET 40 wheels and im dropped and my wheels are inside my fender well

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a new 10th gen owner, purchased the touring and want to change the wheels, but I have never done that on any car before. Hopefully someone here can help me with offset.

From this post I've gathered that the stock 19" wheels have 50mm offset.

The wheels I'm looking to get are the TSW Chicane They come in a 19x8.5 size, compatible bolt pattern, and load rating looks fine. However the most offset they come in is 40mm for the size I would need.

Would I just need a 10mm spacer to make up the difference? or do I have that wrong?

Here is a quick photoshop of the Chicane wheels on my car.

Any help is appreciated.
wow....thats a perfect photoshop!!! Looks like the real wheel is actually on your car

321 - 340 of 384 Posts