Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have seen people have success with running wheels all the way up to +30 ET stock height and dropped. And the wheels sit great. I have seen a car that had +22 and he was on airbags and those jokers were past the fender but still looked good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LOL not that i know of. Honestly we are talking MM.. so its not super noticeable unless you go extreme. Going from a 50 to a 40 is not alot in retrospect. It will still look stock. I run 19 ET 40 wheels and im dropped and my wheels are inside my fender well
Good to know yours are 19 ET 40, they look good.

wow....thats a perfect photoshop!!! Looks like the real wheel is actually on your car
The trick is taking a photo of your car from a similar angle as the source car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks. Truth be told i wanted 35. I feel that would have got me flush with the fender. My next set of wheels will definitely be ET35

·
More cars, more problems
70 Posts
They come in a 19x8.5 size, compatible bolt pattern, and load rating looks fine. However the most offset they come in is 40mm for the size I would need.

My next set of wheels will definitely be ET35
Why not go a wider wheel? Get a 9.5" vs 8.5" then you can run +35 and it'll be pretty much flush.

Here's a comparison of the existing 18x8.5" setup vs 19x9.5"

I've gone with a 19x9.5" +38 (not installed yet, though, I'll be sure to get some pics when I do). I got my inspiration from the Accord gallery at Fitment Industries so I knew what would fit before I picked 'em up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why not go a wider wheel? Get a 9.5" vs 8.5" then you can run +35 and it'll be pretty much flush.

I've gone with a 19x9.5" +38 (not installed yet, though, I'll be sure to get some pics when I do). I got my inspiration from the Accord gallery at Fitment Industries so I knew what would fit before I picked 'em up.
Oh for sure. My bad i didnt clarify. When i get my next set of wheels they are gonna be totally a different size. Not the same 19x8.5 I have. LOL.. See i wanted the rims i have now, and the ones i ordered originally was 19x9.5 et 35. I ordered them from fitment industries. Got a call bout three days later with them saying they didnt have in their warehouse, or couldnt locate or something. Then they said we do have them in an ET40 So i said cool ill take those too. But when i got them they were 19x8.5 which they forgot to mention. But its all good it worked out. My next set though oh man i cant wait till next summer

·
Registered
17 Posts

Well.... I haven't considered it yet. Shopping for wheels is new to me, so I've been searching for something close to stock. Going with a wider wheel/tire hasn't crossed my mind, but it's something I would consider if it won't cause the tires to rub.

Seems like it would work though

·
Need some LSD...
100 Posts
Ukfan I would recommend if you haven't yet, get a 40 series profile tire atleast. You don't want to do up your wheels.

I run 255/40 on 19x9.5 fits fine and I will most likely get a 265 when time for new tires. (Rim protection)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used to have the rubber bands on my rims. But having that bit of sidewall in the 40 series can be a rim saver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ukfan I would recommend if you haven't yet, get a 40 series profile tire atleast. You don't want to do up your wheels.

I run 255/40 on 19x9.5 fits fine and I will most likely get a 265 when time for new tires. (Rim protection)
That's a good idea, and I'll probably do that. I'm curious about the 255 vs 265 though. I thought the tire width is determined by the wheel size. Would you be changing wheels, or just fitting a wider tire?

Have any pics of your setup? what offset are your wheels?

·
Need some LSD...
100 Posts
That's a good idea, and I'll probably do that. I'm curious about the 255 vs 265 though. I thought the tire width is determined by the wheel size. Would you be changing wheels, or just fitting a wider tire?

Have any pics of your setup? what offset are your wheels?
I would not be changing wheels, just getting wider tires so the tires bulge out ever so slightly more than the wheel rim. My setup now has the same tire stretch as the stock sport wheels and tires. I want to avoid this.

Read this article about sidewall ratio/profile.

My car:

If you have time very informative article:

·
More cars, more problems
70 Posts
I ordered 255 for 9.5" because I wanted a little stretch. 265 is the "proper" width for 9.5". I did 35 aspect because it matched the stock profile the closest (vs 40). That and I hate my spine :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car:

If you have time very informative article:
Nice car! Wheels look good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just to add to the discussion, in terms of the width it is the size of the head and not the tread width, and wheel measurements are the same. For example my 19x9.5 wheels are really about 20.5" face and 10.5" wide, but there bead area is what's measured and described.

All that means that from one manufacturer to another and tire to tire a 255 may look like a 245ish once mounted.

If your looking at popular tires you can sometimes gets sirens and Google to find some idea if they run narrow or are more square.

If you wanted a perfect fitment right to the fender on a 9.5 in my opinion you would want ET 28 in the rear and 38 up front. But then you can't do normal rotates.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The rotations is also what played a factor in my wheel choice too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe one could get 38's all around and then just add 10mm spacers to the rears?
With mine I wasn't comfortable trying a 10mm on the stock studs, but I did do a 5mm spacer. I think my post is 2 pages back now for reference

·
More cars, more problems
70 Posts
Maybe one could get 38's all around and then just add 10mm spacers to the rears?
That was my thought when I got my wheels. I'd rather have a square setup so I that I can rotate the tires. Chances are I won't even bother running spacers on the rear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In got my 5 mm ones for like $24 shipped btw so that was worth it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my new 19"x9" Niche M190 +35 offset wheels with Lexani Twenty 245/40/19's. Just in case you're wondering, car is stock, no lowering or changing anything except blackout the front grill, front spoiler, black package side marker and tinted windows. I got the Lexani's because they have a really good all season (user) rating and cost was like $385 for 4 tires. Personally I didn't see the need to get expensive tires for this car as I drive it casually. I have a 911 Turbo when the need for speed arises. I'm super happy with the look the way the car turned out! Already getting alot of compliments from people today driving.

341 - 360 of 384 Posts