Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

381 - 400 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Those wheels compliment your ride well. Is that a machined finish, or is that polished.

Reactions: Ukfan3108

·
2020 Touring 2.0T
2020 Accord Touring 2.0T
23 Posts
Those wheels compliment your ride well. Is that a machined finish, or is that polished.
Thanks! and thanks for the help when learning about wheels. They have a machined face, but then a gloss black on the sides of the spokes / inner rim.

·
More cars, more problems
93 Posts
how do you like the fk510? grip, added road noise, wet weather performance
Grip is better than stock, but I'm still able to break traction on a hard launch. Road noise is increased over stock, but still plenty tolerable. One thing to note is that stickier tires tend to pick up any little rocks and debris and toss it at the inner wheel wells, so expect some of that noise if you drive through gutters/loose pavement. I haven't thoroughly tested them in the wet, however reviews led me to believe that they're above average.

I went with them because they seem to strike a good balance between performance and longevity. Time will tell on the longevity and if road noise increases.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm sorry, but you actually expect anyone to be able to see black wheels at night?

·
Registered
306 Posts
In other words, we want daytime pics please!
Yeah I tried to zoom but it's still hard to see. Daytime pics would be nice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
17x8 mid-2000's Acura TL 5-spoke wheels. Sand blasted and powder coated matte black with black Honda center caps.
Nice! I'm a big fan of the 3G TL. How much did the wheel work cost where you live? Around where I live, there's a company that has a "special" that charges $100 per wheel to do that for black powdercoat.

I'm sorry, but you actually expect anyone to be able to see black wheels at night?
In other words, we want daytime pics please!
Yeah that's why I did mine in gloss black so you can see them a little better at night. But yes I agree I'd like to see daytime pics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't have a daytime pic... yet. However, this should suffice for the interim.
Looks good man! Look forward to some daytime pics. I see you went with 225 width tires, but 235 would actually keep the overall wheel & tire size really really close to stock 19" overall wheel and tire size. How does it drive compared to the heavy stock 19" Sport or Touring wheels?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Not a big fan of black wheels as they usually lose their distinct features once you get a few feet away. That being said, those gramlights look great. Painting your calipers would really set that off.

Reactions: dje5fore

·
Registered
306 Posts
That's a good look. I agree with above statement of maybe thinking about some color on your calipers to add some flair.

381 - 400 of 405 Posts