Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you guys think? i have 5% tints all around, and then got my tail lights tinted minus the reverse marker.... i think that i need the tail lights to be darker...

Attachments

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
I had it tinted then I took it off. So glad I did because I was recently rear-ended and the insurance would've refused to pay for damages if I still had the tint. Good luck and be careful.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good luck with that in Jerz, my boy got pulled over so many times for his blacked out taillights that he took them off, and like Milenium said I hope you don't get rear-ended. You'll be paying for yours and theirs out of pocket. Looks pretty when you're not moving, but not when your rears smashed up.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Since you asked...........I think you shouldn't be tinting your tail lights.
why do you say that?
Because you can't see properly at night out the side and rear window and may hit someone, maybe even a pedestrian.

And you may be run into by someone because your tail lights are now substantially darker.

That's why.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Since you asked...........I think you shouldn't be tinting your tail lights.
I'm with you.

Every time I see someone with tinted tail lights I shake my head and go...you want to be more unnoticeable to drivers?

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Since you asked...........I think you are an idiot for tinting your tail lights.
Exactly right. Listen, Spatel, if your car was a show car that you towed to an event, make them black for all we, drivers who share the road with you, care. However, since you live in NJ and at any one point I or a number of other drivers are on the same roads as you, I think it is stupid and immoral to tint your tail lights. As others have said, if you get rear ended, it'll be your fault because tail light tints are not DOT approved.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It obviously looks good - good taste.

I don't think you should go darker, not even for aesthetic reasons.

I would think you're tints are way too dark though, especially for New Jersey - FL allows darker tint and they would still freak out on 5% all around - you may find yourself voluntarily or involuntarily removing them in the near future.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks like its sprayed.
Good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks sharp, and I think you would have gotten more slack with a different title.. I sprayed mine, and then buffed them until they were a little lighter than yours only because I was a little worried about visibility. And 5% tint looks awesome, and although I wouldnt do it, why the hell would anyone here care?? If you like, (I do) and don't mind the possibility of getting hassled, rock on!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
How bout editing the title ..

And because it's illegal and you putting people at risk.
oh, and I forgot, race pipes are illegal too... just sayin :dunno:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
This guy and his freaking antics again :headbash:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I too live in NJ and my sedan failed inspection because it had tinting on the front-side windows. I was told by the inspection station that any front-side window tinting is illegal in this state. I had to remove the tinting from both front doors. (The rear doors and rear window were okay.) If you are forced to remove your tint too, don't be surprised. NJ may also call you on the rear lights.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts