Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone today I bring you my 7th gen which I was lucky enough to buy as my first car.

This is currently how it currently looks.

It started out very slow and very stock as seen next to my friends 240z

At first I started out doing most of the maintenance that a 17 year old would when they just bought a car that has been neglected by their mom for most of its life. Cleaning the MAF, getting a k&n filter, injector cleaner, sparkplugs, oil and tranny fluid change were all done within the first month of me driving the car.

The first real mod I did besides the air filter were these wheels

It's amazing what you can find on craigslist so $200 got me these rims and tires from a mazda 3.

The next thing was this rear vortex generator from ebay

Why? because racecar

Here is a pic of the front wheel gap

I knew that the stock exhaust had to go, so $35 later I got a deep tone mufler from jegs.com

since there are no exhausts for the i4 sedan I knew that the custom route would be required. The muffler has now been painted black so it doesn't stick out too much. I know what you are probably thinking, but this muffler actually sounds very nice, just as the name suggests it sounds very deep.

I also installed the acura tl sway bars and man what a difference!

This car went on many adventures, to many meets and east coast bash. I lost many races to my friend's 240z and many other people but I also made many good friends in the process.

Eventually I knew our cars sit way to high on the stock springs so they had to go

I got some ebay springs for $80 (no idea what brand) and threw the front on in this picture.

This is with both springs in, front drop is 1.8 and rear is 1.5, the front are standard springs and the read are progressive and man what a difference! Even on stock shocks and struts the car corners very flat and still rides pretty similar to stock. At this point the votrex generator came off cause my friends are phycho and ripped them off so I got a window spoiler, I had built a cold air intake going to the opening in the front grill, and gotten some hids in 6k

I hope you enjoyed reading about my build it is still a work in progress, hopefully soon I will get a tsx intake manifold as well as some new headers.
If anyone has any questions feel free to message me (im still figuring out how the forum thing works)
Also I am in huntington on long island, ny If anyone is around the area and wants to try to organize an accord meet for the island let me know
thanks for reading,
nick

· Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,286 Posts
Vortex generators eh ? That's cute ;p

Welcome to DA

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Vortex generators eh ? That's cute ;p

Welcome to DA
Well, the car is fast enough to fly. He needs those vortex generators in order to improve his stall speed. With out them, he would fall to the ground at a faster speed. They really help to provide a little bit of extra lift for you.

Good for you, man. I'm glad people are all about safety here!

· Fear The Turtle!
2,168 Posts
The Mazda wheels look good. I'm with the others on the vortex generator though, don't you need a wing at the same level to actually get use out of them?

· Registered
1,264 Posts
The Mazda wheels look good. I'm with the others on the vortex generator though, don't you need a wing at the same level to actually get use out of them?
They don't really help unless you're doing close to the top speed of these cars, all the time; if they even do anything at all. On a vehicle I can see them acting more as a ground effect and having rough push the back end of the car downwards, but ya... For what we do, useless.

· Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,286 Posts
The Mazda wheels look good.
I think they look really sharp, especially with the drop ... Was the centre bore a match or did you have to source hub adapters ?

I need to be patient while I save for some adjustable struts before I'm putting my springs on ...

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they look really sharp, especially with the drop ... Was the centre bore a match or did you have to source hub adapters ?

I need to be patient while I save for some adjustable struts before I'm putting my springs on ...
the mazda wheels are 67.1 center bore so i got metal hub rings

· Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,286 Posts
Any plans for a tip on the muffler ?

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Nice car, I like it!

I too was lucky to have this as my first car. It looks like yours is a 2005, mine's 2004. Is it a manual or auto?

All I have done so far is add a rear spoiler. I plan on doing a 35% window tint next, and then possibly some sway bar upgrades. Lol my parents think I'm crazy, but I think it's fun :). Keep us posted on the progress!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice car, I like it!

I too was lucky to have this as my first car. It looks like yours is a 2005, mine's 2004. Is it a manual or auto?

All I have done so far is add a rear spoiler. I plan on doing a 35% window tint next, and then possibly some sway bar upgrades. Lol my parents think I'm crazy, but I think it's fun :). Keep us posted on the progress!
Thanks it is a 2005 and an auto:/

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks it is a 2005 and an auto:/
While I do prefer manual to auto, your car still looks so much cooler than mine :D, and probably handles better being a year newer and having TL sway bars.

And lol, kinda wish I had a color other than satin silver, I see waay too many silver 7th gen Accords in my area.....

· 03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,016 Posts
Welcome. I'm not that far away from you. I'm in Massapequa. Car looks pretty good, but I would get rid of those springs. Get some name brand quality springs (Eibach, H&R) if you don't want coilovers.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome. I'm not that far away from you. I'm in Massapequa. Car looks pretty good, but I would get rid of those springs. Get some name brand quality springs (Eibach, H&R) if you don't want coilovers.
For this summer I'm gonna leave them in since I'm going away to school next semester but when I come back I'm prob gonna get coilovers. As well as plasti dip it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.