Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real quick, as I am feeling up to it today, I'd like to swap out the side engine mount and the upper tranny mount located under the airbox (save myself 1.2 hours of labor at dealer). I was wondering, to do these two mounts, do I need to have the engine lifted? Don't think so, but wanted to double check before I started. I've read all the posts but am not 100% sure.

Already have the airbox out so it's easy if I don't need to mess with the jack. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,808 Posts
You don't have to have the engine lifted, but you need to support it during the change. For the side mount, support under the oil pan. For the upper transmission mount, support under the transmission case. Use a hydraulic jack with a piece 2x4 wood. You will need to take out the battery plus the metal battery tray underneath because you'll need leverage to remove the 3 lower bolts for the upper transmission mount. One of them is tricky.

For the 2 lower trans mounts, you have to jack up the engine at least an inch. For the front engine mount, jack up 1/4" is enough.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't have to have the engine lifted, but you need to support it during the change.
Thanks T-Rd. I supported the engine and tranny as needed. Easy peazy. Not planning on driving it till Wed when I have the others replaced. No sense stressing the side mount unnecessarily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts