Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'13 Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey crew. I noticed a week or so ago when I apply throttle I'm getting a squeal similar to a brake squeal. I can get it when starting from a complete stop and I can also get it to do that at any speed when I blip the throttle or pass someone in a lane change. I highly doubt it would be the brakes because it goes away once I press the gas past that sweet spot if you will. The thing is if I apply too much or too little throttle it cannot be heard. I'm wondering (total guess I'm no pro) if it has to do with the tranny or torque converter. Anyone have any thoughts? At around 19k miles.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I had a SRI on my 8th Gen 6-6 coupe and I could hear an intake "whistle" while accelerating at light throttle openings under certain conditions. I see you have a CAI. Could this be what you're hearing?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Could be clutch or belt issue. Sounds like you are able to replicate it, so I'd take it in for a look.

·
'13 Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had a SRI on my 8th Gen 6-6 coupe and I could hear an intake "whistle" while accelerating at light throttle openings under certain conditions. I see you have a CAI. Could this be what you're hearing?
I thought about that but I've had the intake for a few months now with no sound out of the ordinary. I guess like said I may just have to take it in. It'll just be hard to tell the guys test driving it that if you push too hard all you hear is the intake. Maybe they'll let me drive and show them.

Also I've tried to replicate this while in park and in neutral and it only seems to sound when moving in drive. Econ mode on allows it to sound longest because it creeps up to speed. Sport mode doesn't replicate as it keeps it in a lower gear and higher rpms.

·
'13 Accord
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from dealership. Ended up being the torque converter. I was told I now have an open ticket with American Honda and as soon as they told the dealership what needed to be done they would be getting in touch with me. From what I could gather there still is not a fix for this yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts